North America or Asia/Pacific
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile 3D Visual Effects (VFX) Artist to bring our brand new-game to life on mobile, tablets, PC, and console. If you are passionate about creating magical and immersive visual effects, this may be the role for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating concept artwork and paintovers to visualise your ideas and share them with the team ahead of implementation
- Developing a mixture of ambient environment effects such as dust motes and god rays, animated features such as waterfalls and rivers, impact effects such as axe hits and rock falls, as well as a whole lot of magical and fantasy elements.
- Creating animated textures, meshes, and particle effects to realise the effects in-game
- Working with the lead programmer to iterate on shaders and other real time techniques to achieve the best results within the real time constraints of the target platforms
- Building, documenting, and implementing a VFX pipeline procedure
- Collaborating with the art, design, and engineering teams to support and resolve artistic challenges
While you’ll be working in Unity, no prior experience with Unity or programming is required for this position.
This is a remote and full-time position:
- Work around your family and personal commitments. Work any hours of the day and week that make sense for you. We generally communicate over Slack or email, with occasional voice/video chat when convenient.
- You will need to have some reasonable time zone overlap with both Melbourne and the US at the same time. For this reason, we will not be considering applicants based in Europe.
- We'll be trusting you to be self-motivated and able to manage your own time and workload; we won't be micromanaging your task list.
Our dream 3D VFX Artist is:
- Technically and artistically creative, with a lot of tools in their belt and approaches for solving problems in unique and innovative ways.
- A strong communicator, who is eager to share progress with the team and values the unique challenges that come along with working with a fully remote, international team
- Someone with an appreciation of cozy games, builders, and life simulation games with a touch of magic, and can express their love of the genre through their work.
- A kind and supportive team member – someone who doesn't hesitate to give others feedback on their work in a way that makes them feel valued, and is excited to present their ideas when others have problems.
This will be a full-time fixed-contract position for 8-10 months, covering the duration of the project.