This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
We're looking for a 3D artist to join our fully remote team! We are now in production for our new game and are excited to start building out all of the environments, props, and set dressings that the full game experience deserves.
There will be a lot of variety in the environments and props, covering both relatable real-world items and fantasy, but all fitting together within a “cozy” and approachable theme. The content is a mixture of organic and hard-surface stylised 3D assets with all lighting and detail baked and hand painted into a single texture pass.
This job will involve:
- Creative design, planning, and creation of environment layouts and props based on guidance from the creative director's verbal descriptions, concept art, and reference images.
- Reference gathering and loose conceptual grey-box modelling to express your plans and ideas to the team.
- Creation of low-poly 3D models in Maya meeting strict pipeline and game engine requirements.
- Hand-painting stylised tileable environment textures.
- Creating efficient UV sets with a focus on ease of hand-texturing and texture baking.
- Using Substance Painter for base lighting and texturing as well as Photoshop for detail texturing.
This is a remote-working (but full-time) position:
- Work around your family and personal commitments. Work any hours of the day and week that make sense for you. We generally communicate over Slack or email, with occasional voice/video chat when convenient.
- You will need to have some reasonable time zone overlap with both Melbourne and the US.
- We'll be trusting you to be self-motivated and able to manage your own time and workload; we won't be micromanaging your task list.
Our dream 3D Artist is:
- A passionate artist who knows how to make amazing graphics that pop (within a polygon budget!).
- Someone with an appreciation of cozy games, builders, and life simulation games and can express their love of the genre through their art.
- A kind and supportive team member – someone who doesn't hesitate to give others feedback on their work in a way that makes them feel valued and is excited to present their ideas when others have problems.
This will be a full-time fixed-contract position for 8-10 months, covering the project's duration.