This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
We're looking for a talented, experienced Lead VFX Artist to help us create stunning effects for our projects. Applying your range of technical and artistic skills, along with personnel and project management abilities, you will be key in driving the visual quality and gameplay integration of our AAA titles while communicating with the Leadership Team to ensure the game is engaging, satisfying, and artistically stunning. You will have a high degree of accountability for the planning and progress for your team’s deliveries.
Skills & Requirements
- Has worked on at least three commercially released AAA titles as a 3D VFX artist
- Mastery of VFX fundamentals such as timing, composition, color and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Experience authoring real-time VFX and have a strong understanding of the technical constraints of Console and PC performance budgets
- Masterful knowledge in rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Strong experience with node-based shader pipelines
- Must be familiar with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools. Niagara preferred.
- Understanding of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
- Current with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of 3D asset creation and surfacing packages
- Understanding of game build and compilation pipelines
- Familiarity with scripting and coding principles
- Houdini FX knowledge is a plus