Sketchbook Games are a multi-award winning game development studio. We are looking for a Games Producer to join our team.
The position is remote and is a full time contract but we are also open to part time.
We are ideally looking for a producer with:
- Good people skills - someone calm, friendly and kind
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of shipping at least one game
- Experience shipping ports
- Experience with some form of Agile or Lean production methodologies
- The ability to work remotely but (whenever things reach a ‘new normal’ and it’s safe to do so) being able to commute to London once a fortnight for team co-working is a bonus
- Availability for core working hours on GMT/ BST
Diversity and Inclusion:
We are keen to attract all kinds of candidates, particularly those from underrepresented groups in the games industry. We aim to continue to build an inclusive environment and commit to continually listening, reflecting and improving our practices and culture in this regard.
We would like you to
- Help the team with time estimates so we can plan deadlines
- Identify bug trends and keep the team on track
- Manage our backlog to ensure tasks are prioritised and team goals are clear
- Foster an environment of ongoing improvement
- Be autonomous, and support the team’s own autonomy with their tasks and hours
- Help make games that have something to say and can make a positive difference
- Be able to understand, spot, track and communicate problems
- Be good at identifying, suggesting and actioning potential solutions
- Coordinate and assist with marketing, social media, focus testing and more
- Be flexible, self-motivated and open minded
- Remote working (Team communication and weekly calls via Discord)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work in a small, friendly and talented team
- Work on a multi-award winning game and new projects
- A chance to join a company in a key role at a very exciting stage
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
Who We Are:
Sketchbook Games are a small independent studio based in Essex, UK, although we mostly work remotely. We have recently released our debut game, Lost Words: Beyond the Page on Google Stadia as a one year timed exclusive. The game features a story written by renowned games writer Rhianna Pratchett and an orchestral soundtrack by the BAFTA nominated composer David Housden. We are currently working on porting Lost Words to Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch, as well as starting work on our next projects.