Genfanad, a newly launched retro MMO, is looking to hire writers for designing, planning and implementing story-driven quests. This is a remote team-role and US time zone is preferred.
Ideal qualification include:
- Creativity and good sense of narrative pacing.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen & paper role playing systems).
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as to collaborate with others.
- Fluent English.
- Basic scripting knowledge is very desired but not required.
- Creating the storyline on a detailed level.
- Editing existing writing to meet professional grammar, tone, style, and spelling standards.
- Designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset.
- Planning assets required for the creation of the quests.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogue etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of quests, and fixing reported bugs.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
Salary varies based on experience, hours, and responsibilities. This is a 40 hours/week contract but we are also seeking free-lancers to work on a per-quest/story contract.
As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test – design some characters and pitch some quests for an MMO setting. This test will not be used in game and can be pre-existing work adapted to our format.
(further instructions will be provided during hiring process)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working as a Quest Designer
- What games you are currently playing