This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
- Locations: Czech Republic; Estonia; Georgia; Latvia; Lithuania; Moldova; Poland; Romania; Turkey
- Cooperation: Remote
- Languages:English, Ukrainian
- Team:3D environment
We are seeking a talented Terrain Level artist. As a Terrain Level Artist, you will have the opportunity to showcase your superpowers and contribute to the creation of immersive game experiences.
Superpowers you have are
- Foundation in the traditional arts;
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modelling;
- Love for architecture and an excellent eye for interpreting reference and concept art;
- A solid appreciation for how things work in real life;
- 3+ years of experience as a Level Artist or Terrain Artist in the video games industry;
- Proficiency in current-generation industry-standard tools and workflows, such as Maya, Blender, Unreal, Photoshop, and Houdini;
- A team player, flexible with new ideas and open to direction and changes;
- An active contributor to the craft, promoting a transparent and learning culture within the team.
As a part of Room 8 studio, you will
- Sculpt, model, and texture terrain for game environments;
- Create or modify in-game landscape assets within specified time and budget constraints, ensuring final quality;
- Populate in-game landscapes with contextual scenery assets, occasionally generating required assets;
- Transform 2D concept art, design requirements, and visual references into high-quality 3D landscapes that capture the concept’s spirit and technical dimensions;
- Understand and consider the context and gameplay potential of the landscape during setup;
- Develop in-game visuals for landscapes and organic props using tools like Substance, ZBrush, and Maya;
- Convey visual storytelling through layout;
- Take ownership of environmental assets and scene layout, fostering collaboration across disciplines for innovative environment art;
- Contribute to research and development of new production techniques;
- Collaborate with internal and external art teams, following Art Direction and feedback to achieve high-quality and desired art style;
- Seek proactive feedback from Lead Artist and Art Directors;
- Maintain consistency with the defined visual style of the game;
- Collaborate with other Environment Artists and cross-functional teams such as Concept Art, Level Art, and Design;
- Perform additional duties as assigned or required, as job responsibilities may evolve.
Join Us. get even more!
- Competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- Challenges to raise your XPs score (professional training and conferences, internal mentorship, English courses);
- Private medical care, paid vacation, and sick leave;
- A culture of diversity and inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- Community of people who understand and share your passion for games.