At Roll7, we create exciting and critically acclaimed video games - including the BAFTA-winning OlliOlli franchise. Innovation, freedom, and a real sense of fun are at the heart of everything we do, from creating award-winning original IPs to the everyday business of running our unique distributed workplace set-up.
Being a distributed studio – the majority of our employees work from home nineteen days out of twenty - allows us to offer a high degree of freedom and autonomy to our motivated and creative staff. Everyone at Roll7 can work in a way that allows them to balance impressive workplace achievements with their own responsibilities at home.
Monthly meetups in our London office, combined with a robust online communication system, mean that we still retain all the positives of a welcoming and friendly office environment - without the downsides of a long and expensive commute. After all, most of us would rather be at home with our families and pets (or our game consoles) than crammed onto an overcrowded commuter train or stuck in traffic.
Please note: due to the current situation with COVID-19, these in-person meet ups are currently on hold until at least September 2020. We are replicating these meets online - once it is safe to do so, we will resume them in person.
We love to give every employee a chance to play and contribute to the games we make, we love giving people the freedom to pursue their own path to success, and we hate crunch.
Check out our website for a complete list of staff benefits and more details on our company culture.
Working on an original IP, we are looking for a talented and passionate Technical Artist, to guide and support our Art Team, providing solutions to their problems, and helping us deliver a stunning and unique stylised look for our new IP.
Alongside our Lead Artist and Technical Artist, you will be able to work hands-on in Unity to set the benchmark for quality assets, characters and VFX.
Salary: Competitive DOE
Application Deadline: 22/07/2020
- Working with our Lead Artist and Technical Artist
- Enabling the art team to achieve a unique and innovative style in line with our vision.
- Creating tools, shaders and pipelines for other artists to use.
- Optimising your code for the limitations of consoles
- Strong technical capabilities and understanding of Unity shaders and graphics tools.
- Experience working with Shader-Graph, raw HLSL, and other relevant shader creation techniques
- Experience with VFX and developing new and unique VFX styles
- Experience working with Mecanim and character/animation pipelines.
- Demonstrable examples of work/show reel.
- Experience with Animation Pipeline Optimisation and Tools
- Experience with specific Console Platforms and Optimisation requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Unity shaders and graphics tools.
Good to know Equal opportunities At Roll7, our team is at the heart of everything we do, and it matters to us that everyone feels comfortable and valued at work. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we have a keen commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our employees are accepted and valued as part of the team. We hire based on talent and suitability for the role - regardless of race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status. Remote work Roll7 is a remote studio, and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home (nine out of ten days). Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight we work from central London as a team, therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.