We are looking for an experienced and creative Video Editor to help us bring new life to our marketing and client presentations. Working from in-house assets, you will be creating videos promoting our wide array of game- and software development projects to potential clients.Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
- Work with our creative teammates
- Regularly collaborate with marketing team
- Follow the company's brand guidelines
- Present to senior management
There will be an initial paid art test using the materials. Upon completion of a successful art test the larger project can be taken on. The larger project we anticipate being full time (40 hours per week) and may take up to 2 months. You will be expected to be available to attend daily stand ups, coordinate with a distributed multidisciplinary team, and complete all tasks on time and to specification. This is a remote work contract, but the worker must be available for 4 hours of overlap time with California (PST) daily between 9am - 2pm PST.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects, or equivalent software
- Attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, stand ups, and additional meetings as required.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to communicate issues and report project design and status to a diverse non-technical audience
- Must be detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
- Able to accept constructive feedback on your work
- Proven history working in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with project management or task tracking systems such as JIRA, Trello, or Pivotal Tracker preferred
About Robot Sea Monster
We are a digital production studio with an extensive background in games, AR/VR, and commercial application development. Founded in 2012, the studio has successfully shipped over 38 products, serving major brands such as Blue Shield, Pearson, LO3 Energy, Occipital, and Sizzle Entertainment. Our work has been profiled in major media outlets, such as The New York Times, CNBC, TED, and more.
We are a fully remote company with team members across the globe. Team members are expected to have high speed internet suitable for both work and voice calls. Team members must have a functional microphone with clean audio to communicate with the rest of the team. Additional tools required for the position must be supplied by the team member with exceptions only for exceptionally prorprietary software or hardware required for a project.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but all team members must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (PST) Monday through Friday. Workers must be available via Google Hangout, email, and Slack during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when project completion deadlines must be met as well as for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based upon number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.