Job: Public Relations Manager
Location: Sonora, CA | Remote OK
Salary: DOE, with Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
Reverb, a leading video game communications firm, is currently seeking a Public Relations Manager. The ideal candidate is well connected with a huge rolodex of media and content creators. The candidate must be able to lead multiple accounts and has a solid understanding of PR processes and how to lever influencer and media contacts to effectively take products to market. The candidate must think strategically and understand how to develop a plan for client review, manage the execution and adapt to swiftly changing market conditions. This role will be a main point of contact with our clients and the ability communicate strategically and professionally is a must.
The PR Manager will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining positive media / influencer coverage for our clients, as well as working with marketing managers, executive staff, and product managers to define and execute the overall strategy. This position will interface with marketing, sales, executive and product development teams to ensure transparency and consistently deliver results with synchronized tactics.
· Pitch coverage on our client’s products and deliver results
· Lead client meetings delivering sound strategy, managing agenda points and ensuring post call action items are delivered
· Serve as main information source for all media contacts and provide insights that inform the strategy
· Draft and edit press releases, promotional text, game descriptions and strategic plans.
· Drive the creation of communication plans and press materials
· Act as a voice of authority and provide guidance to our clients and staff.
· Work closely with the marketing and social media to develop creative and integrated programs to support product introduction
· Work with the influencer team to bolster positive awareness for clients’ products among livestreamers and YouTube content creators.
· Establish our clients and their products as key players in both vertical and horizontal markets through media exposure
· Drive the creation of operational objectives and plans
· Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
· Regularly interact with executive team on matters concerning functional areas, divisions, and/or customers
· Book media appointments for and staff industry trade shows as necessary
· Delegate responsibilities as appropriate with a willingness to dive in and execute at all levels
· 2 - 5 years of public and/or influencer relations experience, preferably in the video game and/or tech industries
· Solid communications and leadership skills
· Experience in media relations, tradeshows, special events, etc.
· Success representing PR on cross-functional teams to develop strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
· Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability
· Oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
Reverb Communications has led communications efforts on titles such as PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), ARK: Survival Evolved, Skater XL, Don’t Starve: Newhome, Move or Die, Rocket League, Rock Band and Guitar Hero. We specialize in launching new video games and peripherals (Hyper X, Audeze, LucidSound) with our distinct integrated approach. Our staff is comprised of driven professionals with expertise in the launch of video games, hardware and apps.
We are a full-service video game agency and publisher providing public and influencer relations, marketing, go to market and sales solutions through one unified campaign. With more than 16 years of service, Reverb has crafted custom communication strategies for developers, publishers, peripheral companies, middleware providers and chip companies.
For more information on Reverb visit: reverbinc.com