remote control productions (rcp)
is an independent production house partnering up with entrepreneurs to build companies focusing on the development of games and interactive experiences since 2005. With our HQ in Munich, we are primarily active in Europe and currently expanding into Asia. The rcp
family of overall >250 colleagues currently consists of 10 studios, a gamification unit, and a marketing boutique.
We understand games as the dominant cultural technique of the 21st century, so we are developing on all platforms to create games for entertainment, education, scientific, branding purposes, and much more.
With more than 350 shipped projects, from small to big, freemium premium, including some hits, brands, and established IPs like Angry Birds Epic, Das Boot, Porsche, Lego, Bus Simulator Series, Sacred Legends, Dr. Kawashima, Windstorm, and more, we are diverse in projects, teams, and people. We are proud to say that more than 200 million people experienced and enjoyed our games.
We are also tackling the games industry holistically through lobbying in various organizations, both locally and internationally, being involved in vocational and academic education, cultural work and overall being ambassadors for the medium. We are not only part of the industry but help drive it forward into an even better future. And we are proud to say we embrace what is called “new work” and during this time the new normal.
Thanks to a large network of national and international partners, rcp
has established itself as a credible, professional, passionate, and win/win orientated partner in its 15 years. Some of our partners include Rovio, BMW, Sega, BWI, RedBull, Ratiopharm, Disney, Dt. Bank, Paradox Interactive, DeNA, Volkswagen, Astragon, Funcom, EA, Deep Silver, Ubisoft, and others.
Further information is available at http://www.r-control.de. We are looking for an experienced professional, who is motivated to support and elevate a variety of game studios and their projects in an ambitious yet sustainable manner.
You’ll be part of a crew of Studio Partners, each with their strengths in different aspects of game and company development, covering the expanding and diverse group of development studios within our international rcp family. Your role is a mix of being a business strategist, stakeholder, and team manager - implementing our and your best practices and experience to the growing teams of the rcp group while driving your own ambition and vision through our own company values.
The kind of stuff you'll be doing:
- Support a group of game development studios in developing and enacting company vision & strategy
- Leading multidisciplinary strike forces dedicated to each studio in order to analyze, support, and promote studios and their projects
- Taking on specific roles and responsibilities on game development projects to help ensure their commercial and critical success
- Deep-diving into financials, marketing plans, project planning, contracts, and studio cultures to develop strengths, combat weaknesses, and build studios to survive and flourish in a sustainable manner
- Working with development teams and projects of all sizes & budgets, genres & platforms, from ideation through post-release
- Taking ownership of inter-studio projects and responsibilities that benefit the family at large
- Identifying possible additions to the family, performing due diligence on their capabilities, and helping them integrate into our family of studios
- Balancing the human, creative and financial needs of game development studios in a dynamic and fun environment
Your experience & background includes:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas within the games industry:
VC or business development,
- consultancy or executive roles
- company or project funding experience
- corporate development or due diligences
- shipped game projects with an understanding of the various disciplines, methodologies, and processes required
- negotiated publishing contracts
- Performed portfolio management
- Understanding of the fundamentals of running a business
- hands-on leadership skills
- training and mentoring individuals and/or teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (German is a plus)
The ideal candidate has:
- High ambition and drive to work as an entrepreneur within the company
- The ability to identify, analyze and mitigate risks in a collaborative and informed manner
- Broad network within the games industry and beyond
- Diverse experience in project and team sizes
We take care of our motivated employees and provide you with:
- remote work possible
- A creative, casual, and international environment
- Colleagues who respect you as a professional in your field
- Work with teams that love their job
- Being part of a strong family of European game developers
- A modern workplace right in the heart of Munich
- Professional health-coaching onsite and remotely
- A well-stocked library of books, games, and games consoles
- As much fruit, coffee & drinks as you want
- Company pension plan
- Regular team & company events like a summer party, Oktoberfest, and Movie and Gaming Nights
- And a lot of fun :-)
Sustainability We work in a sustainable fashion. In a hit-driven industry where technology and business upheaval is the norm, we build value with a long-term horizon.
Credibility: Our reputation precedes us and it is one of our foundations. We pride ourselves on being professionals and treating each other and our partners as such.
Professional Nerdism: We believe the greatest achievements in our industry come when passion meets mastery. There can be no fun without craftsmanship and no craftsmanship without fun.
Family: To be more than the sum of our parts, we pull together and create opportunities that allow us, our studios, and our partners to prosper.
At remote control productions, you will join a smart and motivated team who is passionate about their family of studios and their products. We believe in principles in management techniques such as Holacracy, Radical Candor, Agile. We are driven by our desire to make ourselves and the teams we work with better in a continuous cycle of improvement. We believe in courage, we believe in learning and most of all we believe in making better games. If you have a growth mindset and ambition for excellence, you are probably a great fit for our team!