This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Quality Assurance Jobs.
Do you love to collaborate with an entire team to the highest quality player experience possible?
As QA Director, you ensure outstanding user experiences across the breadth of the game's systems, content, and creation tools. You work closely with other developers to identify and escalate product and process risk while creating mitigation strategies. Direct the creation and execution of test plans and automated testing. Build and manage a team that works closely across all disciplines to ensure QA best practices and ideal coverage throughout the entire development process.
Reporting to the Studio Head, this role collaborates with disciplines across the entire project through all stages of development.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Curate and mentor an industry-leading internal QA team. Help to identify and develop bench strength. Drive team goals, hiring decisions, and culture.
- Work on cross-functional teams to guide and support development of new systems and content.
- Create, document, and support adoption of an efficient QA workflow for all developers.
- Provide feedback and guidance across the entire project. Identify areas of risk in the project.
- Synthesize and maintain project test plan.
- Identify opportunities for test automation.
- Drive product compliance/certification across a variety of platforms.
- Manage relationship with external QA support, including planning, briefing and prioritizing work.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of general testing methodologies, processes, and terminology.
- Deep understanding of the entire game development process.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence across multiple disciplines; ability to create consensus.
- Good communication skills: skilled listener and adept in expressing yourself.
- Experience working on games with dynamically-generated content.
- Experience working with Unity/Unreal engines.
- Experience working on a live, service-based game.
- Experience with automation.
- Experience mentoring entry-level developers into QA.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prytania Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.