Possibility Space is seeking a DevOps Engineering Lead to help us build excellent development infrastructure for a new and growing distributed studio comprised of talented developers.
As DevOps Engineering Lead, you’ll drive the efforts to design and build great tooling and workflows for our developers across many disciplines, as well as a cloud-based CI/CD infrastructure for our Unity clients and backend services. You’ll also help build our DevOps team as we expand our studio and development needs.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this role collaborates with disciplines across the entire project through all stages of development.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Understand and help improve development workflows for cross-functional teams.
- Design, build, and maintain development infrastructure that builds, tests, and deploys the game.
- Instrument, profile, and optimize key development workflows.
- Develop a growth plan for the DevOps team and help recruit and manage team members as the organization grows.
- Build reliability monitoring for high-availability services with fast failure recovery.
- Help establish development standards and best practices across the entire project, ensuring that the software is optimized for development velocity, iteration, performance, and stability.
- Provide feedback and guidance across the entire project. Help mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise.
- Advocate for other developers with plans to improve tooling, workflows, automation, etc.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Expertise in DevOps and CI/CD principles and best practices.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining infrastructure via cloud platforms (we mostly use Azure).
- Experience leveraging containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid analytical problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Able to write readable, maintainable code with an eye toward debuggability and extensibility.
- Empathetic and supportive collaboration across many disciplines and experience levels.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Experience with leadership and management.
- Experience with game development.
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience developing for a live, service-based product.
- Experience developing tooling and workflows for developers in non-engineering roles such as artists and designers.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prytania Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.