PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for an imaginative Senior 2D Concept Artist to concept and illustrate whimsical environments, props, icons, and characters. This position will work remotely collaborating with the Art Director and Design team to create and deliver concepts that are fun, fantastical, and appealing to a mass market.
Responsibilities in this role will range from rough sketch concepts to final illustrative render in certain instances. This position offers an exciting opportunity to concept a wide variety of themes and environments while working with an expert-level art team to deliver polished art to millions of players around the world.
This is an off-site, contract position with competitive hourly pay, based on experience. The position requires 40 hours per week, which includes creating new concept art and collaborating with our cross-functional team.
- Create compelling 2D concepts of whimsical environments, props, and characters
- Collaborate with 3D artists to direct final modeling and render of concepts
- Add final paint over polish to 3D renders to enhance color, lighting, and details.
- Create storyboards and 2d animatics
- 5+ years of concept artist experience
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to adapt style to match style references and art direction
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art, particularly casual game art with mass market appeal.
- Willingness to accept and provide constructive criticism
- Ability to effectively manage time and work efficiently in a remote capacity and within a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of Unity Game Engine
- Experience with 3D software
- Competitive compensation
- Work remotely with flexible hours
- Collaborate with an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable, and supportive team!
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!