As a Senior Producer at PlayEveryWare you'll be critical to the success of high profile game projects and co-development initiatives. You’ll work alongside indie and AAA development teams on unique and exciting games. No two projects are ever alike and you’ll be able to tap your experience and leverage your ability to learn and adapt to get the job done. Our focus on current and next generation console ports and co-development provides the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology with wold-class developers and teams across the globe.
Due to COVID-19, all positions are subject to remote interviews and work at this time.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in either Seattle, WA or Yokohama, Japan.
As a senior producer, you understand how to empower and support the developers you work with while also keeping them motivated and accountable to schedules and budgets.
You have a mastery of the processes, tools, and tricks needed to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on quality. You’re a master at clear, concise, open, and transparent communication and strive to form strong interpersonal relationships that can be counted on.
In this role you’ll work with and manage partner relationships while simultaneously guiding and managing internal teams to ensure successful products and healthy, happy devs. You’ll be able to apply technical know-how to build platform solutions for our customers to help external partners solve business challenges
What you'll do
- Build, drive, and coordinate schedules, budgets, project, and team specific planning overseeing development velocity of multiple co-development and port teams
- Lead production ceremonies including daily scrum, sprint planning, and retrospectives with internal development teams
- Manage expectations of all parties to ensure developers are building what’s needed and clients are up to date with what’s to be delivered
- Act as a technical engineering resource supporting external development teams using our proprietary software tools
- Help customers install, setup, configure and troubleshoot our software tools within their specific development environments
- Process, prioritize, and manage customer reported bugs and feature requests
- Oversee communications with external stakeholders and their affiliates including producers, engineers, localization, QA, and other third party teams
- Partner with internal QA leadership for release management and test scheduling
- Serve as a hub for project knowledge and risk mitigation best practices
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in game production
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and software tools
- Proven ability to develop and deploy new processes to drive achievement of results
- Willingness and ability to work with people of all types in and outside the company
- Experience leading, managing, and driving day to day production processes
- Experienced at eliminating ambiguity, creating accountability, and maintaining ownership of tasks within a matrix organization
- Excellent overall communication skills and emotional intelligence
Nice to have
- Experience shipping at least one high-profile, AAA, or professional game project
- Experience working with platform development teams or cross-team features
- Proven ability to manage strategic partnerships across time zones and cultures
- Experience with release management and console cert best practices
- Proven experience working with medium to large sized teams
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered health care, vision, dental insurance with affordable options for addition of dependants
- 401(k) retirement savings and profit sharing plan
- Life and disability insurance, Healthcare Savings Account
- 56 hours of sick time, 11 floating holidays, and additional PTO
- No Mandatory Crunch policy
- Close relationships with Epic, Unity, and first-party console developers
- Open and collaborative workspace with free on-site parking and gym
- Casual and inclusive office environment nearby cafes and restaurants
- Company events, SWAG, and snack stocked kitchen
- Friday team lunch
PlayEveryWare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and the game development industry at large. Those with underrepresented identities, including but not limited to the above, are encouraged to apply.