Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 a year
PitStop Productions are looking for Technical Sound Designers to support the core team on a project-by-project basis.
Responsibilities will span across all aspects of sound production, from the creation of sound effects and the preparation of in-game assets, to designing and implementing interactive sound systems.
You will be encouraged to demonstrate creativity, initiative and ownership within these areas, as well as demonstrate a strong sensibility for both aesthetic and technical requirements for any given project.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sound designer to be involved in the creation of sound assets and implementation for AAA titles, within a dedicated team where creative opinions are encouraged.
Job Type / Category
- Create and implement a wide range of high quality sound effects, from concept through to final iteration, for any game scenario
- Problem solve and devise creative solutions to the complex challenges which can arise within interactive audio
- Utilise an awareness of how sound design functions within the given media
- Mix and balance sound effects with other audio elements such as music and voice.
- Methodically describe technical behaviour and problems when communicating with code/design/animation teams
- Confidence and clear ability to communicate and work with other members of the studio – knowing when to follow direction and when/how to suggest alternatives.
- Demonstrate a proven reliability with time management and an understanding of the importance of meeting self-set and externally set targets
- Liaise effectively with the team to ensure a workable balance between creative demands and time management
- Take responsibility for own personal development – whether via books, other team members, electronic media etc. Show development in work and awareness of the importance of quality and schedules
Required experience and skills:
- Knowledge and experience of using industry standard DAWs and audio editing tools such as: Logic Pro, REAPER, Pro Tools etc…
- Experience with commercial and/or proprietary game engines and audio tools such as: UE4, Wwise, FMOD etc...
- Demonstrable experience creating and implementing a diverse range of sound effects that fit the tone and purpose of the experience
- Good experience with linear audio, such as trailers, short movies, etc…
- Strong ability in using audio plugins creatively
- Studio and field recording experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a positive team attitude
- Efficient organisational and time management skills
- Ability to track and manage a large number of assets
- BS/BSc degree in audio production/sound design or equivalent experience
- Decent proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
Please note: while an understanding of music is important to us, this position will not involve any composition work.
Regarding COVID: we can accept applications from candidates who require remote working short term, but ultimately we're looking for candidates to join our team in house.
How to apply:
Please apply via Indeed, or via email with your CV and covering letter, detailing why you would be suitable for this role.
We also need to hear a show reel, this should be:
- Short video showcasing; examples of audio implementation using Wwise, amazing sound design that fit the visuals, a mix of in-game and linear audio examples, good mixing skills, enthusiasm for interesting implementation ideas
- Contextual descriptions of what you did for each example
- No music, unless you are showcasing real-time music systems
Application deadline: 02/12/2020
Expected start date: 03/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £18,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work from home where possible.
- Sound Design for video games: 1 year (Required)
- implementation of sound in videogame engines: 1 year (Required)
- Barnsley S75 3UB (Preferred)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place