This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Writing Jobs.
We’re looking to hire an Associate/Intermediate writer to join our narrative team working on our unannounced videogame. We are open to hearing from more experienced applicants as well.
You’ll be working on both voiced and unvoiced dialogue, conversations, and in-game text. Experience writing for videogames is a plus, but not required - knowledge of videogame storytelling methods and conventions is a plus too!
- Collaborate with the Narrative Director and narrative designers to provide narrative support for design elements
- Work with the Narrative Director to create a fully realized story and compelling characters for the game
- Assist the Narrative Director and narrative design team craft compelling storylines, satisfying interactions, and rich lore to support the project vision
- Create and maintain documentation for all types of narrative elements
- Create and maintain a world building wiki
- Work with level designers to create briefs for levels (settings, plot beats, desired theme and activity)
- Develop, edit, and compile outlines, synopses, treatments, and scripts and be responsible for revisions and approval submissions.
- Create dialogue and scripts for all characters in the game, including main characters and secondary characters
- Write dialogue, narration, and subtitles for in-game cinematics that are used to advance the plot of the game
- Write content for quests, writing barks, and gameplay writing as required
- Summarize and rewrite any research as required.
- Implement your own (and others) written work into Ink and/or related videogame narrative tools
- 1-2+ years working professionally as a writer on creative projects (film, tv, videogames, comics, novels etc.).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent dialogue writing ability.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating excellent characterization and dialogue ability.
Nice To Haves
- Previously shipped a videogame
- Experience writing for videogames/interactive art
- Experience with videogame writing tools (Ink, Twine, etc.)
- Experience working inside a game engine (Unity, Unreal etc.)
- A good knowledge of storytelling and narrative conventions in videogames
- An interest in, and passion for, African history and contemporary African pop culture
About the Job
- R18-30K per month, depending on experience
- 12 month contract with the possibility of extension
- Open to anyone based in Africa
- Remote is possible, but slight preference for being in Johannesburg or Cape Town!
- Fill in your personal information, and provide a link to your CV, writing samples, and portfolio on the form below and we'll be in touch.
- Applications Close - February 28th, 2023
- If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “[Careers]” in the subject line.