This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
MXT use game development technologies to build immersive traffic and environmental simulations. We do this to support the research, training and visualisation needs of UK Government agencies.
A computer engineer at MXT will work to develop our core interactive traffic simulation, build client-centric features and maintain and upgrade our internal tooling.
We are a small cross-functional and self-organising team, so while you’ll be looked to for your programming experience you’ll also have the opportunity to shape what we as a group work on and how we do it.
About the Role
- Take responsibility for the design and implement features based on client requirements;
- Write and update unit tests to ensure software works as intended;
- Identify and fix bugs across projects;
- Profile software to identify performance bottlenecks;
- Clearly document systems’ design and implementation details;
- Provide critical analysis and mentorship to colleagues through code review;
- Contribute to team discussions on design, direction and processes to more effectively build software.
- Comfortable in at least one contemporary game engine;
- Broad foundation of knowledge on how software interacts with computer hardware;
- Strong understanding of performance constraints of real-time 3D software;
- Experience with system call optimisation in the context of graphics and/or networking;
- Experience with Linux operating systems and shell scripting would be a plus.
What We Need
- Portfolio piece consisting of an interactive, high-performance 3D application
We provide not-for-profit private medical and mental healthcare and access to the UK government’s cycle-to-work scheme, to all employees.
We have a flexible work environment, which means as much as is possible we will facilitate your working from anywhere. For those wishing to relocate to London we will provide support to help you settle. We already have several people in the team that have joined from overseas.
For those applying from overseas it may be helpful to know statutory annual leave in the UK is 28 days, including bank holidays.