Remote UK Time-Zone, Quarterly off-sites gatherings at London
Modern Wolf is looking for a new Comms Manager to join the growing publishing team working on titles including ZERO Sievert, Cantata, and Ostranauts, to name a few! This role is ideal for someone with either a couple of years’ experience in comms management, or somebody with a strong affinity for writing engaging content looking for an opportunity to also develop their strategy development skills. This is a full-time permanent position with the option to work from our Old Street-based office or from the comfort of your home as much or as little as works for you.
In this role, you will join the Brand Team and collaborate with the Social & Community Team in managing and developing our external communications, and helping plan for ongoing and upcoming campaigns. You will take the lead on copywriting content to promote our games with press and influencers, as well as on store fronts including Steam. This role offers a salary in the range of £30,000-£35,000pa depending on experience.
You will also grow to be the manager of press strategy and outreach, where you will maintain and track key KPIs and develop clear targets for ongoing growth. Your direct manager will support you in a mentoring capacity alongside the tasks you’ll be working on.
What you’ll do:
- Help to carry out day-to-day execution of global PR tasks and content creator initiatives, with support from the broader marketing team.
- Write engaging and illuminating content for our range of titles, with a focus on pieces including press releases, Steam page copy, and blog posts.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team to plan and strategise press campaigns relating to the various titles in development.
- Continue to build a network of press and industry contacts to help maintain meaningful partnerships for Modern Wolf and our titles.
- Dedicate time to play, understand, and become a point of authority in the full breadth of games that Modern Wolf publishes.
We would also like for you to learn and grow, utilizing our internal expertise but also by staying on top of current industry trends and practices. We offer every employee support and training that they can use to grow their skills: both directly work-related and otherwise!
A little about you:
- You are passionate about indie games space inside and out.
- You can write engaging content.
- You have a native-level proficiency in English, and you know good copywriting and why it works.
- You have some experience in either Communications Management with an agency or games company.
- You have a keen interest in branding and marketing, and are comfortable shifting gears across multiple projects.
- You have a collaborative spirit with great communication skills, and are not afraid to ask questions or be critical.
A little about us:
- Modern Wolf offers a fully-hybrid working environment, with an office in London.
- 4.5 days weeks from Monday to Friday noon, with Friday morning being personal development time.
- Quarterly off-sites at our London office with paid travel and accommodation.
- Access to a growing bank of show-and-tells from industry experts.
- You’ll get a picture of yourself drawn on our office whiteboard (not necessarily by our art team).
If you don’t have that much (or any!) games industry experience, but you do have all of the essential characteristics above, then we want to hear from you! Gender, racial, and ethnic minorities and folks of all abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.