At MLC, we're excited to be looking for a VFX artist to join our team of passionate creatives on an ongoing basis to work with our clients when there is work available. This is a freelance position and you will be able to continue working with your existing clients, working with us only when you have time to do so and where the work is available.
- 1-3 years experience
- Great time management and work management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent UE4 knowledge
- Proven experience in producing a variety of effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions
- An eye for detail and thorough understanding of the techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Good familiarity with pipeline issues and problem-solving
- Strong skills with UE4 materials and VFX (both Cascade and Niagara).
- Able to create complex material shaders for both organic and hard surfaces.
- Highly flexible and able to work with different software and tools. Able to utilise simulation software for custom VFX generation (Houdini, Phoenix FD, FumeFX etc..).
- Experience using 3d applications to create VFX assets and import them into UE4 (Ex. Pre-baking large debris to utilise in the engine or modeling/texturing ground damage effects to utilise during explosions etc...).
- Experience working in various game engines
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Team player
- Fantastic communication, organisation and customer service skills
- Great initiative and passion to create high-quality deliverables
- Ability to uphold a fantastic customer experience for every client
- Working knowledge of sprite sheet creation to be used in animated sequences.
- Worked within teams on games before
- Great client management skills
- Knowledge of Trello and Discord (our main software)
- Spanish (not mandatory)
- Working from briefs and asking the right questions so you know exactly what needs to be achieved
- Ensure all 3D Models are correctly implemented or ready to be implemented in Unity/Unreal
- Create realistic and stylised visual FX (including Fire, smoke, explosions, dust, splashes, water, debris, etc…) inside UE4 for our clients and projects.
- Profiling particles and shaders for optimisation to maximise in-game performance.
- Collaborating with team members and project managers on projects
- Creating high-quality deliverables to uphold our great reputation and support our growth
- Phenomenal focus on creating a brilliant customer experience
- Stepping in for team members where necessary
- Keeping in touch with clients regularly, with progress updates and responses to their feedback
- Following briefs and quoting accordingly, including expressing when something may be out of scope
- Rectifying your misunderstandings of briefs/scope if occurs
- Weekly game nights
- Opportunities for growth within the team
- Work with like-minded creative freelancers on projects
- Hang out and chat with the team to make freelancing more social
- Have the full support of MLC when dealing with tricky client situations
- Finance of clients managed for you