Who are we looking for?
A skilled and driven animator! You will be responsible for key character and environmental animations for a short demo we’re currently working on. You will work with a multi faceted team to build or enhance existing animations and project the desired look, feel and mood for Nightscape. A mix of cinematic and gameplay animations are envisaged to bring this demo to life. An ideal candidate would have experience working in a small project-oriented development team to build games for PC and consoles.
A natural progression would result in consideration for a full time role after the demo’s completion.
We encourage autonomy, professional agility and attention to detail. Your main tasks will include:
- Rigging 3D humanoid and animal characters
- Collaborating with creative design and art direction to improve existing assets and create new ones
- Producing a range of action and traversal animations, with particular focus on main character and a few NPC’s
- Follow up on and validate the animations produced, ensuring that the artistic charter is being followed to assess coherence, fluidity, uniformity, timing, and weight perception
- Support defining animation standards and best practices for Nightscape
- Take part in creative discussions as part of the Mezan Studios team
- Play the game to detect inconsistencies and validate the regularity of character reactions in control and gameplay situations
- 1-3 years of experience working in game development
- Experience with animation rigs
- Experience with Unity Mecanim and similar systems is a huge plus
- Experience with active ragdolls, physical and procedural animation techniques
- One or more shipped products (PC or console)
- Good understanding of anatomy and animation principles
- Comfortable prototyping and working with an iterative development process
- A pro-active hands-on approach, with a drive to get fun into the game
- Great communication skills
- Passion for video games
- Be results oriented and have the ability to work under pressure
- Most importantly: comfortable working collaboratively with a strong team spirit in mind
- Freelance hire with a view to start immediately, role is expected to be fully hands on up to April / May 2022
- Fully remote with active collaboration between team members
- Becoming a part of a newly established studio is your chance to materially influence how we do things, make an impact and take responsibility.
- This demo is a proof of concept, its success reflects on the whole team and materially opens up a path for you to join the team as a full time hire
- Be part of a dynamic team that is open to initiatives and ideas
- Big opportunity to learn and potential exposure to other areas of game dev / business
- Ownership and agency of your field of expertise.
- We value a learning environment so plenty of room to learn and grow.
- You can have a real impact with a driven team striving to build a game development eco-system in the Middle East.
- You don’t have to know it all (but you can make up for it with your drive to find solutions)!