Pacific Time Hours
We believe that everyone has an imagination worth igniting. Liminal is a new UGC game for creating narrative action role-playing games with the vision of making the world a more creative place. By delivering a joyful creation experience, we aim to go beyond a niche audience of modders to usher in a new era of immersive storytelling. We are building for storytellers and adventurers with two intertwined game modes, a fun-to-create core loop paired with inherently social adventure gameplay.
Liminal is hiring experienced developers who want to partner with other passionate game makers to bring the joy of creation to players by defining a new paradigm for player creativity and are excited to do so in an enthusiastic, compassionate, high-empathy environment. We are a fully remote studio and work Pacific Time hours.
About The Role
As a Senior Producer at Liminal, you will work to keep the team focused and on track with our goals, evolve and develop our production processes, and help us balance creative exploration with deadlines. You will be involved in and aware of all corners of the project in order to facilitate communication and coordination between different departments and teams. You will work with leadership to establish well-scoped timelines and goals that will allow Liminal to maximize its creative potential.
At Liminal, we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere. You will join a team eager to learn from your experiences and will partner across disciplines in an environment where designers, artists, and engineers will be enthusiastic about you contributing both as a producer and as an experienced developer to every aspect of the product.
- Establish, maintain, and improve production processes
- Help keep all departments (art, engineering, design, etc) and all parties (different sections of the project tackled in smaller teams) coordinated, collaborating, and on track
- Facilitate meetings by ensuring they stay on track, are results oriented, and generate clear action items
- Keep teams and individuals accountable to stated goals and action items
- Be able to report on progress
- Work with leadership to create project timelines and plans
- Manage milestones and deliverables to ensure production is on schedule and deliverables meet predefined quality standards
- Maintain an understanding of the full project and the individual parties in order to identify and help remove existing and future roadblocks and project risks
- Create and maintain a schedule/production plan for multiple teams
- Facilitate roadmap planning at scale of company and individual teams
- Help identify and track production dependencies
- Help surface production constraints and tradeoffs to facilitate decision making
- Help teams reach creative and/or technical consensus based on these constraints and risks
- Filter team creative ideas and goals through the lens of production logistics and practical next steps
- Studio Management
- Participate in and provide feedback for studio management including hiring, performance reviews, and studio culture events.
- Help continue to build a positive and inclusive team culture
- Ensure studio compliance with company policies and procedures
- Solicit, gather, and provide design and development feedback for developers and assist in planning the incorporation of that feedback into iterations, sprints and milestones
- Including playtesting and assisting in getting builds to final for internal and external purposes
- Keeping documentation up to date
- Organize external playtesting including assisting in gathering playtest subjects, ensuring that deliverables (builds, questionnaires, etc) are prepared, and making sure they are accessible.
- Oversee production of various art contractors including assisting in hiring logistics and tracking their work
- Full Game Lifecycle Knowledge: has worked as a mid-level to senior producer to take a project from conception to completion and shipping.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize for both day-to-day development as well as overarching, long-term delivery.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across disciplines with clarity and respect. Demonstrated ability to build scheduling artifacts and effectively generate buy-in through strong visual and verbal delivery.
- Excellent writing, analysis, and organizational skills.
- Self Aware: Self-awareness and a willingness to connect with others with empathy
- Feedback Oriented: Proactively ask for feedback from others to develop awareness around strengths and weaknesses and act on development areas
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, including effectively guiding a team and maintaining enthusiasm for working on an untraditional project.
- R&D: Experience working with game titles at the concept and prototyping phase
- Experience producing games published on all major platforms (mobile, console, and PC)
- Experience producing live service and/or UGC games
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line and include your resume and your favorite memory of creating something