Senior Game Developer (Unity)
Kano is looking for an experienced game developer with a proven track record of developing, implementing and releasing mobile games in Unity. You will be working on our Idle team, which includes Idle Distiller, as well as exciting unannounced titles. You are responsible for the development, testing and code quality of mobile games that are played by tens of thousands of people around the world.
You will be solving complex problems and raising the technical bar for Idle games. You also effectively collaborate with others to provide technical expertise to identified issues and work with other teams and departments throughout the development process - from start to finish.
As a key member of a small team, you have the opportunity to have the code you write deployed quickly, improving the gaming experience for our players, and you are committed to building games that cater to our players’ wants and needs – not our own.
We offer flexible hours to accommodate real lives (the ones outside of the office too!), a good-natured and nerdy group of peers, the opportunity to make an impact in the work you do. The position is open to remote work across Canada, with offices in beautiful Victoria, BC as well as Montreal.
Your background should include:
- 5+ years development with high-level languages
- 4+ years of development with Unity and C#, with at least 1 live title
- Deep understanding of creating mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Deep understanding of the tools and processes involved in operating a game-as-a-service
- Product-centric development: you think about the end result
- Proven ability to think strategically as well as recent hands-on programming experience
- You have created applications that serve thousands of people at a time with ease
- Strong understanding of OOP and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Experience shipping social or mobile applications (iOS, Android, Facebook, etc)
- Back-end or full-stack development experience (PHP, MongoDB, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
What we offer
- Competitive wages determined by market research
- Uncapped profit share program
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 3 weeks vacation to start and
- Paid holiday shutdown in December
- 12 paid Care Days per year
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy