From humble beginnings Ironbelly has grown to be one of the most trusted names in the indie development space, working on over 300 projects in our 12 years of service, ranging from AAA games such as Gotham Knights down to small mobile titles. Our mission over the past 13 years has been to deliver world-class quality by empowering and organizing the world's greatest talent, which is where you come in!
Are you driven HR professional, brimming with passion to empower individuals and organizations to peak performance? If so, read on about a role we are creating to support our expanding team as our studio moves into a new chapter of growth and success. This position will report to directly to the Directors and will drive and own all tasks related to the employee lifecycle.
What makes YOU a great fit?
You are an agile and open-minded human resources professional who thrives on the challenges that come with working within a small organization and playing a pivotal role in shepherding it’s growth and then well-being of its people. You are dedicated to the happiness of your fellow employees and just as importantly driven to help them achieve their potential.
- Determine hiring requirements, job descriptions and effective hiring strategies.
- Develop, implement creative and effective sourcing strategies
- Provide full life cycle recruiting support across a wide range of roles
- Manage the screening, presentation, selection, offer negotiation, closing and admin of new hires
- Own employee onboarding, including conducting and continuously improving new hire orientation, Plan and conduct activities to foster positive attitude toward studio goals and integration of new hires
- Maintain, prepare, and update all employee information and company documentation
- Facilitate effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns
- Partner with management to communicate employee concerns/requests, anticipate issues, and recommend resolutions
- Process biweekly payroll for approximately 50 employees and contractors
- Bring more structure into our compensation and benefits review process
- Generate and provide payroll and HR metrics to Accounting
- Develop training programs and performance management methods
- As your role grows, hire and grow any potential employees needed to support the HR effort within the company
- Work closely with legal department to coordinate work permits and visas for any foreign employees/candidates
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and company guidelines
- Maintain a variety of HR records including but not limited to insurance, performance reviews, government reporting, and employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, terminations
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation; conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations; provide periodic reports to studio manager and Human Resources Director
- Partner with studio leadership to establish and support a strong, positive studio culture and environment
- Promote and coordinate studio wellness initiatives
What you bring to the table
- First and foremost, you bring a strong passion for games. Shooters, RPGs, puzzles, online or off—you love playing games and you love talking about them. If you’ve done industry recruiting before, that’s even better.
- Ideally you have 5+ years of corporate recruiting and/or HR Generalist experience in the Games Industry
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related discipline
- You carry with you a strong project management and analytical mindset
- You bring solid experience in all areas of HR, including Change Management, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Performance Management, Talent & Succession Planning, Leadership Development
- You have past experience developing and executing org design and communication strategies
- You know how to use discretion when handling and processing sensitive and confidential information/situations.
- You are comfortable in fast-paced environments and work rapidly to set priorities while maintaining high quality results and strong follow through.
- You take a proactive approach to work – you will report to the CEO and need to be able to manage your own tasks and take responsibility for your work with fairly limited hand holding
- You are comfortable managing a role with a lot of variety – you don’t need to be an expert in all things HR, but you need to be able to identify the gaps in your skills and find solutions for them
- We are currently operating a hybrid remote/colo working model, with core members of our team being here in Montreal while the majority of our folks working off-site. Whilst working together in close proximity is desirable, especially looking to the future, it is not currently a requirement for this role but preference will be given to applicants that are within +7 GMT to -2 GMT
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus system based on performance
- Flexible holiday allowance paid into each pay cheque for you to accumulate and use as and when you wish
- Private health insurance package
To apply, please send your Linkedin Profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Manager” in the subject line or go to https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2858779100/ and apply