Imba Interactive is a game audio studio based in Singapore with clients from around the world. We are looking for technical sound designer(s) to support the core team on multiple client game projects. Responsibilities will span across all aspects of game sound production, with a heavy focus on audio implementation with game engines, audio middleware and working with clients’ programmers to come up with audio tools where required.
About your role:
You will be essentially the ‘technical bridge’ between Imba’s audio team and the development team on the client’s end. You will need to demonstrate creativity, initiative and ownership within the area of technical audio, as well as have a strong sensibility for both aesthetic and technical requirements for any given project. Candidates must be an excellent communicator both in person and online, respond well to creative direction, and craft audio experiences that meld story and personality seamlessly with gameplay.
- Assess implementation needs and quality with the Audio Director for each project.
- Implement in-game audio, music and voice-overs etc. with both audio middleware and game engines.
- Establish and maintain the technical audio documentation for each project
- Communicating clearly to Sound Designers and/or Composers about technical audio requirements for each project.
- Regular playtesting and following up with project changes that impact audio components of the game
- Stay current with emerging sound technologies and solutions that might contribute to projects, or game audio in general.
- Recommend and define technical audio needs (tools, process, etc.) for the project to ensure proper integration, in collaboration with the Audio Director and programmers.
- Assist sound designers in creating original audio content within the project's creative direction (as needed).
- Support performance optimization and debugging phases.
- 2 - 5 years experience in sound design for interactive media
- Experience implementing audio using commercial tools (Unity / Unreal Engine) and/or commercial middleware (Wwise / FMOD) with emphasis on neatness & legibility
- Technically competent in a DAW (Reaper, Logic, Nuendo, Audition etc.)
- Able to clearly express concept & ideas to both internal and external parties
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Game design sensibility is a huge plus
- Experience with C++
- Background in music theory
- Understanding of multichannel audio formats, object-based and/or spatial audio
- Comfortable with the possibility of working on Web3 (metaverse/NFT etc) projects
- The role can be fully remote, and does not require relocation. Where appropriate, there is the option to work in our studio in Singapore or at a client’s studio.
- Applicants based in the APAC region (time zone between GMT+6 - GMT+10) preferred.
- Monthly salary range for full-time employed Singaporeans or PRs based in Singapore will be S$2700 - S$3500, and will include medical benefits.
- For contractors based outside of Singapore and working remote, the salary is negotiable based on the market rate of where you’re based as well as your experience level.
- Our studio runs officially on a 5-day work week (Mon - Fri) with flexible work hours arrangements.
- We discourage crunch, overtime and weekends unless absolutely necessary.
- Our studio values self-driven work ethic, taking initiative and social awareness aka “nunchi” (https://bit.ly/nunchi-rto).
- Minorities and/or underrepresented genders are encouraged to apply.