Job Title: Senior Graphics Programmer
Reporting To: CEO & Lead Programmer
Location: Santa Monica, CA, or Remote
Sky Castle Studios is currently seeking a Senior Graphics Programmer to bring gaming engine technology to the Hero Forge
platform. Working with our software development team and 3D artists, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the company’s core technologies through the development of a Hero Forge graphics engine from the ground up.
- Research and implement new graphics related technologies for the company’s graphics engine.
- Collaborate with other members of the Hero Forge team to continuously improve our core technology, productivity, and efficiency.
- Identify technical and developmental obstacles and risks, and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Develop and maintain plug-ins and stand-alone applications used in the creation and preprocessing of geometry, textures, etc.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Strong math skills with excellent knowledge about 3D graphics algorithms and techniques.
- Low level profiling and optimization skills, with the ability to write memory- and cache-friendly code.
- Fluency in a modern 3D graphics API.
- A solid understanding of game architecture, including the development of reusable software libraries.
- A solid background in rendering with experience in shaders, geometry processing, and lighting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field.
- Knowledge of parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers.
At Sky Castle Studios, diversity is not just a core value, but a foundation of what we do. We strive to embrace our differences in the workplace, and to promote respectful representation of all people through the content we create. Diversity brings fresh perspectives that help us to better serve our community. Wherever you come from, and whatever background you bring, we’re excited to hear from you!
Sky Castle Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, observance, or practice, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.