Job Title: Gameplay Network Programmer
Reporting To: CEO and CTO
Location: Santa Monica, CA, or Remote
Sky Castle Studios is currently seeking a Gameplay Network Programmer to bring gaming engine technology to the Hero Forge
platform. Working with our software development team and 3D artists, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the company’s core technologies through the ground-up development of a Hero Forge cross platform gameplay engine that supports collaborative and multiplayer gaming experiences featuring both realtime and asynchronous play.
- Develop, extend, and maintain multiplayer framework solutions for the Hero Forge game engine.
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for new gameplay features and data collection.
- Integrate online services into the developing game engine.
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers.
- Test, debug, and document code.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience with Photon, Mirror or other comparable networking frameworks.
- Expert in managing game state across the internet.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, animations, or physics.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field.
- Experience with at least one AAA shipped title.
- Professional experience using a modern game engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Knowledge of Photon Unity Network, CCU, or similar.
- Knowledge of parallel programming and multi-threaded systems.
- Cloud development or large scale data store experience.
- Knowledge about 3D graphics algorithms and techniques.
At Sky Castle Studios, diversity is not just a core value, but a foundation of what we do. We strive to embrace our differences in the workplace, and to promote respectful representation of all people through the content we create. Diversity brings fresh perspectives that help us to better serve our community. Wherever you come from, and whatever background you bring, we’re excited to hear from you!
Sky Castle Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, observance, or practice, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.