We’re Ganymede Games
, an independent, fully-remote game studio, and we’re looking for a full-time gameplay engineer to join our team. We're all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans (ex-Riot Games) and rookies. We're fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
About our work culture: We're an inclusive team that values diversity. We don't value fancy titles. If you're looking to be the senior lead mother superior architect and technical director, we're probably not the studio for you. We value your passion over your experience. We value humility, because players don't care what you did in the past, they want to be entertained and are quick to let you know where you failed. What players want, what would delight, surprise and exceed their expectations inform all our decisions.
As a Gameplay Engineer, you’ll design, implement, and maintain gameplay systems for Xenotheria
(a story-driven deckbuilding RPG), as well as our future games! You’ll bring to life high quality characters and art assets, you’ll design and implement flexible gameplay systems, integrate art, and implement game mechanics for characters and environments.
We’re a lean, indie team of nine and looking for someone who can solve problems, take ownership, and drive work to completion.
This position is full-time and you can work remotely from anywhere in the world (our current team has members across the USA, Australia, Greece, Turkey and Russia).
What’s the mission?
- Write scalable, flexible, and performant code to ensure the best player and developer experience
- Collaborate with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
- Together with team, senior engineer, set realistic goals and timelines for feature and system implementation
- Follow engineering best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
- Working together with the rest of the team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- Strong C# skills and the ability to code gameplay mechanics and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Can write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation
- Generalist able to learn and contribute to multiple systems
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, ready to take ownership and solve problems
- An active gamer with a love of role-playing games and card games
- Experience working with modern game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc)
Nice to haves:
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- Knowledge of current deckbuilder & RPG genre trend (board games, tabletop and video games)
- Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (online only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on our company and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process.