About the group
Future’s Games group creates international, market-leading content, delivered through scale websites GamesRadar and PC Gamer, award-winning print brands, and Events that reach millions of gamers.
The group’s magazine brands include Edge, Retro Gamer, and PC Gamer. Events include the Future Games Show, the PC Gaming Show, and The Golden Joystick Awards.
The Guides Writer is responsible for writing video game guides and tips content on GamesRadar+, and ensuring the success of those articles through SEO research, updates, and regular maintenance. Reporting to the Guides Co-ordinator and Global Editor-in-Chief, you'll have the chance to make your mark on a world-renowned games media outlet, and help readers find more of what they want in their favourite games.
You will be responsible for meeting all your deadlines and liaising with editors to ensure you produce high-quality guides for new game releases and ongoing titles. Understanding the reader and SEO trends must be at the heart of all your decision-making, so you must know your audience and create gaming guides specifically for their needs. You'll need to have knowledge of both console and PC games, and the willingness to try new titles as well as ones you love.
The job requires someone who understands the true value of guides and takes pride in producing them well - how we can help our readers answer their questions about the games they love, and help them get more from their gaming experiences.
Remote candidates will be considered.
- Creating and editing game guides for GamesRadar to deadline and to understand and deliver on readers’ needs
- Work with Google Trends and other SEO tools to understand those reader needs
- Promoting guides through GamesRadar's social media channels
- Editing the work of others where required, and working with the wider GamesRadar team to nurture guides ideas
- Reviewing new releases when required
- Helping grow and maintain existing developer relationships
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of core evergreen content
- Contributing to wider editorial output as needed
- The successful candidate will need to be willing and able to travel internationally and within the UK (guidelines permitting). Some after hours work will also be required at key times.
- Role is working in our Bath office, although remote working would be considered for the right candidate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- The drive to create multiple guides per day from ideation, writing, editing, and social media distribution
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience with guides writing in a previous role or in a freelance capacity
- A willingness to get involved with video creation would be an added bonus
- An interest in a wide range of video game genres and IPs
- A strong understanding of SEO
- A diplomatic, can-do attitude that seeks to get the job done
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.