You've been working on the mobile game market for a while or interested in the industry and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Data Analyst.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 8 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each other
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements (also in this current situation we are working from home)
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screening, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to paintball, quad, soap box, of course, we always have a goulash)
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
What will you do here?
This is an engaging and challenging role that requires understanding of in-game tracking data and leverage analytical and statistical knowledge to deliver actionable insight, as well as passion for gaming and game design within the emerging free-to-play business model.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Analyzing and deconstructing the existing systems in the game balance and looking for improvements based on data
• Working together with the key stakeholders in the game team to establish and define the game economy
• Analyze player behavior, evaluate game performance and report suggestions accordingly
• Organize project performance related reporting and dashboards
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• You can start 9 in the morning, but if that’s too early, no one will mention anything if you start before 10:30
• Your direct lead will be the lead product manager and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: game producers, product marketing managers and game designers.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone on the team. The game’s producer will tell you more details you about the game you will be working on, while the lead product manager will tell you what the team is currently working on.
• Also on the first day you will receive your onboarding plan, which gives you details about the things you will be doing and what’s expected of you over the next 3 months
• Right from the start you will also find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask them anything at any time, be it things about the project or about what’s the best place to eat at in the area (there are many cool places to eat at nearby)
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love it if you also shared your opinion and suggestions with us.
What are the qualifications you need for this position?
• Minimum 1 year of professional experience in a similar role
• Excellent SQL skill, you would consider yourself an SQL expert
• Sensitivity for data quality and deep quantitative analysis skills
• Ability to deliver clean, accurate and understandable data visualization and dashboards
• Understanding of statistical analysis
• Positive attitude and interest in interacting with other teams
• Excellent sense of organization and great autonomy, enjoy individual and team work
• Good knowledge of English (written and oral)
• Passion for games
A great plus if you have:
• High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. Python
• Prior experience in working on marketing/UA teams
• Prior experience in game industry
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play on mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our HR team and our Lead Product Manager and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a chat with one of our HR colleagues and later first with our Lead Product Manager then the Lead Data Scientist. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but in the current global situation it could be slightly longer.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 2-3 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,