This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
Game Closure is on the hunt for a Senior Game Artist to work in one of our Bay Area locations! We’re the industry leader in messenger games. You may know us from our breakout hit on Facebook Messenger, Everwing; one of the winners of Facebook’s ‘Games of the Year’ award. We are also known on LINE Quick Games with Battle Cats Galaxy and Fishing Star, and we helped launch Snap’s brand new game platform with Snake Squad. We're a fast growing global company doing big things, so you'll be working on a wide range of tasks; character design, animation, and marketing just to name a few. You will work with top tier artists and engineers to make your dent in the mobile universe!
The artist role at Game Closure is pretty unique compared to other companies. We work on a wide variety of projects with varying styles and game mechanics. So you’ll be able to explore different genres and learn new techniques. An ideal candidate can take ownership over a game and do whatever it takes to create games that clearly stand out from the pack, while working closely with their fellow artists, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are aligned with the high standards we strive for. There’s a lot of opportunity to grow into a leadership role in this position, so having previous experience in this area is something we look for. Local to San Francisco Bay Area only.
What you’ll be doing:
Develop beautiful, fun game experiences, and associated marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
Conceptualize and design game environments, characters, and UI.
Create high quality 2D and isometric 2D vector art using Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
Support the Studio Art Lead in the overall vision for the game.
- 2+ years industry experience in mobile, social, or free2play games.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Respond well to artistic direction but get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Manage responsibilities across multiple projects.
- Great concept art skills with an eye for composition and color.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Flash and/or 3D modeling software a huge plus!
Desired Qualities & Attributes
- Excellent teamwork skills. Responds well to feedback but gets the work done with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to understand, internalize, and communicate high-level objectives to team members and reports.
- Ability to iterate quickly and adhere to a production schedule.
- Style versatility is a must-have. We work on a range of games whose style can vary from cute and casual to hardcore and realistic.
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art.