We are currently looking for a Game Programmer for the Kaidro Game.
The ideal candidate must have extensive experience and knowledge of game development with a creative and hands-on attitude amplified by an entrepreneurial spirit for technical excellence. You will be part of a team that comprises engineers, programmers, designers, artists, etc. Expertise, affinity, and passion for gaming are a must. Experience/knowledge in NFTs is a plus.
This is an opportunity to change the gaming space while being a part of our Kaidro Game engineering team with your hands-on skills and energy.
- Utilizing blueprints to a high quality, following correct commenting protocols.
- Analyze feature requests for viability, design completeness, risks.
- Design and implement gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with the design team to build game features.
- Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay features and systems.
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with the production team.
- Work hands-on with the design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features.
- Review existing and future code to ensure quality and robustness.
- Test and refine gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 0-2+ years of experience developing games professionally for PC, or Mobile, Console, or Browser.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine and Blueprints
- Knowledge of programming in C++ and working knowledge of many programming languages
- Experience working with multiple major Game Systems (Multiplayer, AI, UI, etc)
- Full stack development experience. UI/UX through backend is a bonus.
- A keen analytical mind with robust mathematical skills for systems and game functionality.
- Ability to Architect, Refactor and Prototype tools and systems as needed.
- Positive and articulate communication and interpersonal skills both spoken and written.
- Brilliant imagination complimented by reliability and execution.
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator.
- Excited by problem-solving.
- Has their own equipment, hardware/software, etc.
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge in blockchain, NFTs, and cryptocurrency.
- Experience in AI is a bonus.
- Experience in Server/Backend.
- Experience shipping a multiplayer title.