6-Month 2D Game Artist Internship (mandatory internship, full-time) m/f/d
ABOUT FLYING SHEEP STUDIOS
Flying Sheep Studios is an independent games company of 17 people with great ambitions that has already shipped over 180 games. We have developed the tools to create the best-looking games specifically for mobile browsers and instant messengers and we strive to become a leader in these markets. We do work-for-hire, developing games for awesome brands, as well as creating our very own games and IPs.
Even though we have an office located in the Cologne Game Haus, right in front of the Gamescom location, our team may work remotely from anywhere in Germany.
We have built our company culture based on the following beliefs:
Diversity is the key to more creativity and better problem solving. Our team is currently composed of people of 5 nationalities and over one third female team members. Our company language is English. If we enjoy ourselves while making our games, this will translate into more fun games for our players. So we make sure to keep a harmonic atmosphere, and have regular voluntary team events (LAN parties, board game nights, karaoke etc...)
Structured processes enable us to deliver games without unnecessary stress. We are never satisfied with the status quo, therefore we use every opportunity to learn and improve our skills and processes, to enable us to meet all deadlines without having to crunch. This is important for our last point because…
... we believe that a healthy work-life balance is essential for an enjoyable work environment. Not only have we been able to avoid crunch completely the 7 years of our existence. We also offer flexible working time, home-office, and overtime is compensated in free-time. Our internships are all compensated.
If these values fit your own expectations of a desirable workplace, then here is your chance to join our team!
- Graphic design for cross-platform browser games
- Work autonomously in cooperation with developers and other 2D and 3D artists
- Screen design / UI design / layouting
- Creation of 2D game assets
- Testing Games
- Currently enrolled in university and looking for a mandatory internship position
- Knowledge in interface design / layout
- Game enthusiast
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Interest in various art and graphic styles
- Character design
- Environment design
- Matte painting
- Experience with video editing
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite / Affinity
- Experience with 2D-animation
- Experience in graphic design for (browser) games
- Project management software (e.g. Hansoft, MS Project, JIRA)
This position is available remotely as well as onsite, you must however be registered in Germany and have a valid visa.
We welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
If you want to join us, send us your application documents and portfolio.