This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Sales & Marketing Jobs.
Feminist Frequency is a nonprofit dedicated to advocating for a more just and equitable media landscape and the end of abuse in the games industry. Our latest initiative is the Games and Online Harassment Hotline, a free, text message-based, confidential emotional support hotline for anyone who makes or plays games. We take a compassion-forward, trauma-informed, and survivor-centered approach to providing a support space for people experiencing a variety of mental health, harassment, or workplace struggles.
We’re really proud of our media focused work, our Hotline, and our upcoming projects and are driven to make it even more accessible and sustainable.
Why we need you
We are excited for the opportunity to grow and expand our availability this year. With that, we want to make sure that we are expanding our reach alongside our capacity.
We have invested heavily in making sure that our Hotline is able to offer a service that is compassionate, effective, and operationally smooth. However, none of that would matter if the people who need us don’t know about us. You are the one who can help ensure that the audiences we want to serve are aware that we’re here for them.
Your job will be to creatively engage with communities, other organizations, brands, and our partners. We’ll depend on you to build upon foundations of trustworthiness so that anyone who makes or plays games and needs emotional support will want to share their vulnerability and stories with us on our confidential hotline.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As our Marketing Manager, you’ll be leading and executing a strategic marketing plan to advance our brand identity, broadening awareness of the Games Hotline, and increasing our visibility across our target audiences (gamers, games industry workers, and games content creators). This could involve paid media, social media, outreach, press inquiries, and email communications.
- Create and execute a marketing strategy for the Games Hotline, identify how this strategy connects into other relevant plans such as social media, corporate sponsorships, etc.
- Create, manage, and track relationships with streamers, companies, organizations, events, etc.
- Serve as primary media and external events contact
- Manage and execute email communications, including monthly newsletters, and assist Development Director with fundraising email appeals
You’ll need these qualifications
- 2-3 years proven experience in a relevant position
- Knowledge of gaming and the gaming industry
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a remote work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with people at all levels of corporate structures.
It would be nice if you have
- Familiarity with MailChimp newsletter software
- Experience with paid media
- Advanced knowledge of social media
Compensation & Benefits
- $2000 flat rate a month, estimated 40 hours per month, hours variable month to month throughout the year based on projects
- Part-time contract role on an entirely remote team
- Social justice driven workplace with a passionate team
Feminist Frequency is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made stronger with the inclusion of amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives, so we especially encourage folks with marginalized identities to apply. We champion each other and aim every day to foster a workplace that feels like a celebrated and uplifting place to work.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Marketing Manager". If needed, we are happy to provide accommodations to help you apply just contact us at the above email address.