This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Sales & Marketing Jobs.
Seeking a Product Manager to join our Travelling Party
Fellow Traveller is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our team and lead the global marketing campaigns for our story-rich games.
Working under the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will perform a crucial role on each game, driving the marketing campaign from the initial strategy and positioning through to the launch and beyond.
They will be the key point of contact for each developer and will coordinate with our production team, other members of the marketing team and our external suppliers to deliver the activity for each game.
Who You Would be Working For
Fellow Traveller is a leading voice within narrative-driven independent video games. Our mission is to help games move forwards as a storytelling medium and we seek to elevate new voices and unique experiences.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we partner with developers from all over the world, helping them on their journey by providing funding, marketing, production and distribution support. We have had the honour to publish many critically and commercially successful games including Paradise Killer, Genesis Noir, Suzerain, Orwell, Hacknet, Neo Cab and In Other Waters.
In addition to our work as a publisher, we are the organisers of LudoNarraCon, an annual digital festival celebrating narrative games.
Our marketing team is primarily based in Australia but we have a global team, with members in Europe and the USA. We work primarily as a remote team but do have an office in Melbourne, shared with our sister company, Double Jump Communications.
This is a full time role, reporting into the Marketing Manager, and is expected to work remotely, although Melbourne-based candidates may have the option of working out of the office.
The role frequently requires calls outside of regular business hours due to the global nature of the business. However, we also provide a degree of flexibility around what the role’s regular business hours are to accommodate and reflect this.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be based in the Australian East Coast time zone or +/- 2 hours
- Have a broad range of marketing skills and an understanding of different marketing disciplines such as positioning and product strategy, messaging, asset creation (trailers, key art and other digital assets), PR, influencer marketing, digital marketing, pricing and product strategy, events and social media.
- Have strong strategic thinking and excellent project management skills.
- Be able to balance both commercial and artistic sensibilities.
- Be curious and quick to learn, thriving in a rapidly changing environment.
- Have five+ years experience in marketing, ideally within video games or entertainment adjacent industries such as music, movies or book publishing.
- Have a passion for video games and ideally an interest in independent games.
- Have an interest in narrative forms of media e.g. films, books, story-rich games.
- Support the growing diversity and evolution of the games industry.
- Act with a spirit of generosity and seek collaborative success in all that they do.
- Enjoy working autonomously within a flexible structure that often requires unusual hours due to the global nature of the role
Applicants from under-represented groups are highly encouraged.
Why you should join
This role presents a unique opportunity within Australia to work on a global scale within the video games publishing industry.
You’ll get to work at a close and personal level with talented development teams bringing remarkable games into existence. You’ll be an important part of their journey and be able to directly see the impact you are having.
We are a small and close-knit team where every member is able to have a significant voice.
How to Apply
To submit an application please complete this application form and attach your resume and cover letter.
Applications close on June 25, 2021
Applicants will be contacted with an update once a shortlist has been selected.