This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
Eleventh Hour Games (EHG) is a fully remote indie game development studio with team members all over the world working on our breakout title, Last Epoch. We are looking for a Development Director to be responsible for the strategic and collaborative planning, organizing, and guidance to our Dev and QA teams. The ideal candidate is focused on people first and all things game development - including playing them! The Development Director is critical to facilitating growth within the teams by providing professional leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring. The ideal candidate thrives communicating openly in an indie environment and is both self motivated and motivating to others.
- Manage the Development and QA team and effectively mentor and grow them as EHG enters a critical period of development and production.
- Help review the team's development and guide them through the development process.
- Creating and facilitating project schedules, creating and implementing a plan for project resources, workflow and milestones.
- Identify project and team risks through regular monitoring of production status, team morale and communication channels. Utilize this information to execute early intervention and preventative measures.
- Document, communicate, administer, and refine project processes. Identify opportunities for improvement, and work with your team to find creative solutions, and execute solutions with them and their teams.
- Create new processes as well as evaluate and evolve existing ones across full projects or multiple teams.
- 5+ years of industry experience in a leadership role, 3+ years experience in development and/or QA focused role(s)
- Available to work during core hours, between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM Central Time
- Demonstrated experience in full-cycle game development, from conception to shipping
- A passion for leadership/mentoring
- Experience delivering products while managing a remote team
- Experience with Agile / Project management tools a plus
- Flexible fully remote working arrangements
- 100% paid health coverage premiums for U.S. based employees +dependents
- Dental, Vision for U.S. based employees + dependents
- 401K for U.S. based employees