Job Title: Unreal Engine (UE4) Developer
Job type: 1-year job remote contract with the possibility to extend it indefinitely.
Reporting To: Producer
Location: Working remotely
DNABLOCK is currently seeking an Unreal Developer. We are looking for an energetic, experienced and creative team member to be responsible for leading cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology development.
The ideal candidate has experience working with a cross disciplinary team. Candidates should have solid technical fundamentals including strong 3D rendering and problem-solving skills. Candidates are expected to be self-starting and proactive in identifying risk and determining solutions. They should have a passion for adding the extra polish that sets our platform apart.
DNABLOCK is an LA-based technology company funded by SoftBank with the goal of democratizing 3D animation for content creators. Our platform and REPLIKANT™ animation engine gives non-technical content creators the ability to generate bespoke, high-quality, digital beings without prohibitive post-production costs or specialized 3D programming knowledge.
- Implement, debug, and optimize major systems in Unreal Engine Blueprints, C/C++, and other languages in the context of a large cross-platform codebase
- Spearhead development of innovative gameplay experiences
- Contribute and keep the structural integrity of Unreal code architecture and technical designs
- Producing specifications and determining operational feasibility
- Implement UE plugins, features and applications
- Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in a game engineering or similar position
- Proven coding experience as a UE engineer with minimum 3 years of professional Unreal Engine experience
- Multiple shipped game titles
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Unreal Blueprints
- Proficiency in scripting language such Python, LUA or similar
- Advanced optimization skills - code and data
- Advanced debugging skills - comfortable debugging optimized builds in multithreaded and cross platform (networking) context
- Solid math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
- Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind 3D real-time apps and games
- Able to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
- Sense of autonomy, responsibility, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication in English of technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage production time and meet deadlines.
- Good ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
· Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Advanced programming specialty, such as low-level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc
- Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, Animation, General Game-play, rigging, etc.
- Previously shipped AAA titles
How to Apply:
- Send your resume to email@example.com
DNABLOCK is leading the way to personalized entertainment, interaction, and inclusion by removing the barriers of 3D content creation. Our platform and REPLIKANT™ animation engine allows creatives, brands, and individuals the ability to generate bespoke, high-quality, digital beings without prohibitive post-production costs or specialized 3D programming knowledge. Our platform supports the exporting of content onto ANY device, making it simple to create fulfilling interactions with an enormous reach.
We operate a scalable, high-end, computer graphics pipeline. This pipeline, combined with advanced machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and sentiment analysis, is our recipe for engaging, real-time, interactive, digital beings and the future of digital interface. As a forward-thinking company, we have focused on likeness protection and ownership; adding authentication mechanisms to guarantee control and transparency.
Our technology has been used by notable customers like Fox’s The Masked Singer, the Saturn awards and “Immortal”, a 2020 London Fashion Week show by award winning designer Malan Breton. We’re also featured in BBC documentary Women of the Future: My Avatar and Me. Please visit us at our website at https://www.dnablock.com/
or on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/dnablock.ai