Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
A highly motivated and talented 3D Artist II to join our Rogue Planet Gaming Development team here in San Diego. This individual will be instrumental in doing some critical hard surface modeling and creating some new key features on PlanetSide® 2 to ensure that we continue to provide our community with the great gameplay experiences that only Planetside can provide!
- Collaborate with with the team to talk about Hard Surface goals.
- Participating in playtests to evaluate how assets are working in a live environment and to give notes on the entire game.
- Create high-quality hard surface models from block out to in-game polished assets.
- Become integrated with designers to help better implement design goals
- Work on a weapons and vehicles with designers and animators to make them feel great.
- Collaborate with production to ensure deliverables meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule
- Translate fully realized concepts and simple napkin sketches into amazing models of weapons and vehicles
- Experience working as a Hard Surface Artist on a shipped game title (AAA), or equivalent Hard Surface assets for feature films
- Advanced understanding of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality
- Proficient with 3D Max, Maya, Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Enthusiastic and performance-driven attitude who is a self-starter and team player
- Proficient with high to low poly pipelines
- Ability to articulate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Experience in AAA game development
- A Passion for making and playing games
- Familiarity with the PlanetSide® Franchise
- Working knowledge of PBR
Benefits & Perks
Daybreak offers some of the best benefits in the games industry! In addition to our benefits,
we offer a quite a few amazing perks that make working at Daybreak even more exciting!
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Competitive 401k Retirement Plan Match
- Excellent Paid Time off
- Free Game Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Monthly Company Celebrations
About Daybreak San Diego and Rogue Planet Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the So Cal vibe collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*