This is a permanent position, with your current main role being as vehicle coder for our 3D driving game: Transmission. With feedback from our Design Director and alongside our Lead Designer, you will need to make driving our cars feel perfect. This is not just about pure simulation, but also about understanding user experience and how to tune that model to create satisfying vehicle handling.
You will be coding ‘everyday’ style road cars, in particular those from the 1980s. This includes car types such as standard 5-doors, estates and 4x4s, and larger vehicles like vans and lorries. Maybe even a 3-wheeler if you’re brave enough!
- Fully remote (must be based in the United Kingdom)
- C++ (proficient)
- 3D Maths and Physics Programming experience
- Debugging and Optimisation experience
- A good knowledge, enthusiasm and understanding of cars
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Blueprints experience
- Other programming language experience
- Console development experience
- Simulation and/or VR experience
- Happy to work with large code bases
- Version Control / Continuous Integration experience
- Jira experience
£28,000 – £38,000 (depending on experience)
Note: If you are applying for more than one Coder position, or if you would like to be flexible in your coding role, please submit only one application but mention in your cover letter or email which roles you are interested in.