Blue Wizard Digital—an independent game studio in Comox, BC (Vancouver Island)—is seeking an experienced full time Project Manager to help develop a brand new title for mobile platforms (iOS & Android).
In this role you will be working closely with a small team of game developers (programmers, artists, game designers, director and creative director) to manage the scheduling, team workload and milestone deliverables of our next mobile game!
What You’ll Do
- Work with the lead developers and team members of the project to establish realistic timelines for features and asset development.
- Establish and assign tasks from game milestones, and own the daily project management.
- Schedule, plan, and manage project releases and updates.
- Manage resource requirements, establish dependencies, and balance priorities.
- Partner with technical and creative leadership to ensure project vision, deliverables, and goals are clear and realistic.
- Maintain regular communication with the project team and communicate challenges with stakeholders.
- Maintain project Trello boards (or similar suitable system) to ensure ongoing work is documented, organized, and prioritized; and that project progress is tracked and clearly communicated in weekly meetings.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve potential development blockers to allow developers and production staff to focus on game development.
- Manage scope and quality, proactively assess and mitigate risk.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in a producer/project management capacity for one or more mobile games shipped within the past 3 years.
- Broad understanding and exposure to all aspects of game development – production, art, code, sound, design and QA.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and a sharp business sense.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Trello, JIRA or other project management software tools.
- Ability to manage projects on a day-to-day basis, and work effectively under deadlines.
- A somewhat morbid but healthy sense of humour.
- Past experience dealing with platform partners (Apple, Google, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) is a huge plus.
Full Time; Remote or In-Studio
Negotiable depending on level of experience.
Our ideal candidate could start immediately.
After more than a decade of making gems clink and pegs… peggle, PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka (Bejeweled, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies) founded Blue Wizard Digital in 2014 to provide an outlet for ten years of pent-up violence and lust, with the goal of creating the sexiest, violentest games ever released on mobile, PC, and console platforms. A cabal of degenerates soon shambled from their swampy dens to join this unholy crusade.