Black Kite is a new studio founded by an ex-Rockstar Games game designer to make innovative strategy games in a wholesome work culture.
We are currently prototyping a PC based deck-building card game with a twist.
We are looking for a talented artist to work on an incredible strategy game on a contract basis. The VFX Artist will design and create awesome, visually engaging special effects for summoning creatures, casting magic spells and massive monster attacks. The role offers significant creative freedom, as each person on our team has ownership over their portion of the product.
- Create top-notch particle effects, shaders, and other effects that bring the cards and enemies to life.
- Design effects and bring those designs from concept to finished asset independently.
- Set up and maintain an efficient pipeline for implementing effects into Unity.
- Work in tandem with the game designer, artist, and audio engineer to ensure effects represent the flavor of the game.
- Work in a timely manner with a transparent use of hours.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in a relevant field (e.g. VFX or Art & Animation)
- 1-2 years of experience creating VFX assets at a professional level
- Knowledge of Unity Game Engine and its systems and pipelines
- Deep understanding of performance and optimization of effects
- Appreciation of teamwork and friendly, positive attitude!
- Credit on one or more shipped games (Link to them in cover letter)
- Experience animating/puppeteering 2D characters (e.g. Idles, Hit and Attack animations) is a plus
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with a ~1/2 page cover letter, a resume, a portfolio link and contact information to be considered for an interview!