About the Role
Black Ice Studios is an independent game development studio composed of several veteran professionals in the games industry. Our team is currently working on the next generation of open-world, tactical shooters and is looking to expand its core Engineering team.
We're looking for talented developers who want to utilize their expertise in architecting and implementing integral gameplay systems. The game has an established foundation we are hoping to bolster with Unreal Engine engineers with a keen eye for performance and finding creative solutions to complex engineering problems. If you're technically skilled, self-motivated, and are not afraid of tough technical challenges, this job is just for you!
This is a full-time role that requires you to be available to work within the Eastern time zone.
About the Work
- Work with a team of veteran, AAA game developers to create a brand new IP.
- Integrate proprietary technology to transform the way players experience the first person shooter genre.
- Engage in cross-departmental collaboration to bring a new game to life.
- Own the end-to-end development of game systems to be experienced by players across the globe.
What we're looking for
- Capable of full ownership of entire game features from design to implementation.
- Passionate about managing a small team of engineers to help improve their technical skills and grow their careers.
- Practiced experience on how to distill large, complex problems into actionable engineering efforts.
- Deep knowledge of core Networking concepts (RPCs, replication, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with Project Managers and track status and progress of feature work.
- Capable of debugging and developing code written in a large C++ codebase utilizing the Unreal 4 engine.
- Excited about working on various aspects of game development (audio, UI, gameplay).
- Experienced Unreal Engine 4 engineer.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal's Blueprint system, gameplay ability systems, animation systems, and large open worlds.