A great opportunity for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive (junior) to work on a fast-growing (and slightly bonkers) mobile free-to-play Trading Card Game: Cards, the Universe and Everything (CUE Cards for short).
If you’ve ever wondered who would win if Einstein and a T-Rex took on Odysseus and a Burrito (and who hasn’t?), this could be the job for you. CUE has become a success in spite of a low-key profile. Which is why we’re looking for someone ambitious and enthusiastic to take that profile on and send it soaring.
Please note, we do expect a covering letter and CV.
It’s an ideal role for newly qualified marketing graduates looking to get into the gaming industry. We’re seeking a smart individual who is looking for a hands-on role where they can develop their skills in all aspects of marketing and PR. You’ll work as part of a collaborative team that is passionate about video games and your role will involve supporting marketing across a number of key deliverables, including social media, content marketing, publicity, reporting and anything that helps our business to achieve its goals.
What you’ll do
- Create compelling, engaging content by making great stuff and engaging with people.
- Help manage social media campaigns with an aim to drive growth
- Help to us achieve success with PR ideas and campaigns
- Help grow the CUE social accounts.
- Foster and promote community-generated content.
- Help set a tone, look and feel for our social activity that aligns with the game’s enthusiasm, humour and design.
- Collaborate across the team to ensure that community feedback is addressed.
- Help create and coordinate assets such as game videos, podcasts, developer interviews, product updates, etc, in conjunction with live ops and marketing teams.
- Assist with community research and occasional reports on the status of the community.
Who you are
- A graduate or assistant level marketer or PR role
- A love for what you do, and for what we are doing with CUE
- A good University Degree - or similar indicator of effort and application
- An excellent writer with excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Bucketloads of curiosity
- Someone with an understanding of social media and how to best leverage channels for success
- An attention to detail
- Passionate about marketing and capable of generating press releases, blog entries, feature articles, case studies, creative ideas and more
- Time management whizz, able to work on multiple activities
- A passion for games and, in-time, a passion for ours
- A can do attitude
Nice to haves
- Basic graphic/illustration and video editing skills
- An interest in CCGs, TCGs or other mobile card games
- Interviewing and/or filming experience
- Work From Home - We trust each other to get the work done. This means a high degree of flexibility and autonomy for the whole team. We’re all in contact throughout the day though - you won’t feel isolated.
- Competitive salary, and 22 days holiday (plus public holidays). Plus an extra day for each year worked.
- Personal Macbook
- 'Perks at Work' money off at multiple High Street retailers and trips to the cinema
- Quarterly ‘away days’. From retro arcades/VR experiences to zorbing/segways (travel costs are covered).
- Room to grow.
- We’re a small team with a big opportunity. Over time you might want to be more involved in other aspects of the business… you will evolve this role, and we will support that.