Role Overview: We are looking for an experienced Audio Engineer, who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR/AR projects to life.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, you will work on audio-related tasks within the game. This work ranges from setting technical requirements to production development and creation of custom audio tools. Most of the work will be done with FMOD or Wwise and Unreal authoring environments. Some tasks will be performed in Unreal Engine Blueprints or C++. The Audio Engineer is expected to drive and own features on all stages from prototype to production. You will serve as the main point of contact for the central audio team or teams. The Audio Engineer is expected to understand interdependencies between audio and a variety of other disciplines
You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
· Custom Wwise/Fmod software development.
· Audio content conventions.
· Audio content pipelines.
· Integrate audio pipelines into the project build systems.
· Audio performance.
· Cross platform asset scaling.
· Audio DSP as related to Fmod and other audio engines.
· Design and implement listener models.
· Design and implement occlusion/obstruction models.
· Animation driven audio systems and Audio-driven animation systems.
· Environmental and ambient audio models.
· Procedural audio.
· Lip syncing systems.
· Audio models related to visual effects systems.
· Interactive music and adaptive music systems.
· UI connected audio.
· Audio accessibility features.
· Support for user submitted content and related concerns.
· Coordinate with other disciplines to support audio tech development.
· Inter-project technology sharing.
· Troubleshoot audio-related issues.
· Document audio technology.
· Specify requirements for audio and audio-related tools.
Requirements: Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
· Working knowledge of audio engineering.
· Experience with principles of 3D audio.
· Understanding of game design.
· Understanding of impact of 3D geometry and art assets on audio.
· Experience with Wwise workflow.
· Experience with Unreal Engine.
· 5 years of working C++ experience, knowledge of modern C++ concepts.
· Experience with performance measurement tools.
· Experience with complex system design.
· Ability and practical experience documenting specifications.
· Knowledge of machine learning techniques would be a bonus.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
· A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits & Perks - What’s in it for you?:
· A competitive base salary.
· 4% vacation pay and paid sick days.
· Flexible work schedule and remote working.
· Relocation assistance for candidates outside of Canada.
· Fully equipped onsite gym.
· An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
· The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
· An international and diverse atmosphere.
· The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.