Company Summary: Anagram is an international award-winning studio, creating immersive installations,
artworks and experiences using a range of new technologies. We are based in Bethnal Green, East London.
Role Summary: We are looking for a part-time Technical Production Manager to oversee the technical
delivery of the project. The production, tech and creative teams comprise of approximately 18 members.
Project Summary: Goliath was developed with the Venice VR Biennale Academy, and the project explores
the experience of psychosis through a first-person story of a gamer who was diagnosed with
schizophrenia. It has been commissioned by Facebook and will launch on the Oculus Store as a 25-minute
interactive animated VR documentary.
The Technical Production Manager role commences asap and would work on the project approximately 2-3
days per week December 2020 - March 2021 to help manage the production and technical delivery.
Experience of managing large-scale immersive productions with recently available technology is necessary
to be considered for the role.
- Attend approx. 8 hrs of regular weekly team meetings with 8-16 hrs of check-in calls, schedule management, implementation, assets vetting, optimisation and organisation
- Management of the software delivery process, using the productivity tool Asana
- Acting as a sounding board for the Interactive Designer / Lead Developer on his system workflow
- Supporting teams to troubleshoot the delivery pipeline and unblock workflows.
- Identification and management of conflicting requirements within a creative team. Proactive, creative problem solving within technical and time limitations.
- Ensure efficiencies with the development team, yet also allowing room for creative R&D and exploratory development.
- Liaising with the Interaction and Development Lead to ensure that the assets are workable within the technical constraints of the project;
- Vetting individual assets as compatible (skeletal animation information, fbx outputs from Maya, baked
- textures, texture atlases etc.) before handing over to the development team for integration into Unity
- Project with adherence to strict naming and filetype conventions.
- Experience managing the creation, and shipping of software titles authored in the Unity game engine.
- Proven experience in a relevant technical managerial role within a digital organisation or team.
- Experience employing agile methodologies within both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Must have a thorough understanding of software delivery processes, workflows, tools and methodologies.
- Top level understanding of 3D design/animation processes.
- Experience working in close partnership with multi-functional teams of 3D content creators, developers, and interactive designers.
- The ability to manage and address multiple and sometimes conflicting project needs and priorities.
- Experience working with creative teams to optimise content for mobile platforms - balancing ambition with time, budget and technical constraints.
- Excellent communication skills, clear ability to translate creative ambitions into technical tasks & report on technical progress in a succinct manner.
- Experience managing the creation and shipping of mobile VR software titles.
- Experience deploying projects on the Oculus Store.
- Experience managing 3D content creation pipelines for interactive projects.
- Experience managing audio content creation pipelines for interactive work.
- A degree in Computer Science, Digital Art or a similar related field
What We Offer
- A rate of £275/day
- A friendly and welcoming studio environment.
- Flexibility around how your hours are managed.
- The opportunity to work on a meaningful and high profile project with the potential for real social impact.
Please email us your CV - we aim to recruit by mid November 2020.