We are looking for an experienced anti-cheat leader who will head up efforts to protect the integrity of upcoming and current Amazon Games titles. In this position you will work with publishing and game teams to create anti-fraud & anti-cheat strategies. You will ensure that there is long term support for our live titles over their lifecycle.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop anti-cheat/fraud detection strategies and prevention systems
• Work with gameplay engineers and designers to ensure game systems are developed with cheat prevention in mind
• Reverse engineer existing cheating applications and develop ways to defeat them
• Keep on top of the newest cheats and exploits, staying a step ahead in the constant arms race of anti-cheat/fraud
• Create and implement a long-term roadmap towards best in class efforts to combat bad actors
• Coordinate efforts across the publishing organization in this area
Full remote work will be considered for this position.
A day in the life
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
About the team
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 4+ years of experience in Product, Technical Program or Project Management, or similar role leading a cross-functional technical team
- 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 5+ years of programming experience with C++
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience in reverse engineering cheating applications
- BA degree required
- Successful history in developing anti-cheat technologies in multiplayer games
- In depth knowledge of Windows OS process execution, and methods that attackers use to execute malicious code and inject data into process memory space
- Experience working on massively multiplayer games
- Passion for games and gamer community with high degree of customer obsession
- Experience developing bots and game cheats
- Experience combating fraud in games
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.