Our award-winning team is seeking passionate, self-driven individuals to join us as we change the face of computer graphics through innovative art and profound technological advancements. Ziva is a space where the best and brightest can excel in their craft while being given the space to grow and the opportunity to cultivate their talents. The Ziva team is made of great minds and unique personalities who all share an appreciation for problem-solving, fast-paced collaboration, and ambitious ideas.
Ziva Dynamics is located in one of the world’s most liveable cities, Vancouver, Canada. Often termed ‘Hollywood of the North’, Vancouver has grown to become an internationally recognized hotbed for the visual effects and entertainment industries. We are proud to play an active role in our local community. Ziva strives to offer a work-life balance that lets everyone accomplish great things while enjoying everything this city has to offer. Ziva is currently accepting applications for in-house and remote roles, with priority given to those who can join us in person at Ziva HQ.
We are currently seeking an experienced Unity Software Engineer to empower creators with tools to produce high-quality characters for ANY form of digital media.
What you will be doing:
Leading development and maintenance of the Ziva plugin for Unity
- Developing real-time character animation and deformation tools and integrating them into a game engine runtime
- Optimizing performance and memory usage
- Meeting regularly with the software development team to prioritize tasks and report progress
- Writing automated tests for new features and bug fixes
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience working with the Unity Game Engine
5+ years Game Developer experience at a AAA Gaming Studio or equivalent gaming studio
- Demonstrated C++ skills
- Interest and/or experience in 3D graphics programming
- Ability to effectively communicate with developers, customers, and leadership, both verbally and via documentation
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, both in-person and via code review in order to improve yourself and your teammate’s skills
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related fields is preferred OR equivalent education/experience
Why Ziva Dynamics?
- Ziva’s employees embody Excellence, Collaboration, Courage, Openness. We are looking for experts in each role who are continuously striving to grow, improve, and learn.
- Each employee contributes to empowering creators with the tools to produce high-quality virtual characters in ANY digital form. You have the ability to make an impact in a real way.
- Flexibility to work remotely (we have team members in the US, New Zealand, and Europe) or co-locate in a newly renovated Vancouver office close to the skytrain and West Coast Express.
- Health and dental coverage, vacation time, upcoming stock options, and competitive compensation.