This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Localization Jobs.
XSEED Games is looking for a Localization Translator to join our team. Our Localization Translators are responsible for translating a variety of original Japanese game text and game-related documents into English. They must understand the localization process of each game from translation to QA and learn how to participate effectively as a translator in each stage. The ideal candidate must love games and the art of localization and have the skills to deliver quality work across multiple game genres from hardcore RPGs to lighthearted titles with lots of fan service. Industry experience and/or work experience of 2 to 3 years in an office related setting is a requirement. This is a full-time position based in Torrance, California.
***Depending on hire date, we may have the candidate start working full-time remotely.***
• Delivering accurate and high-quality English translations of Japanese game text on deadline
• Coordinating with editors and other members of a project team. Providing thorough translation notes to ensure that meaning is maintained
• Reviewing in-development and released games in Japanese and English and providing productive feedback as required
• Localization support
-Proofing text and checking implementation during the quality assurance process
-Participating in the voice recording process
-Translating QA reports between Japanese and English and facilitating communication between staff and outside parties
• Production support
-Translating game design documents and other materials for title acquisition
-Assisting other departments by translating marketing materials such as website text and interviews when needed
• Advanced Japanese language fluency (bilingual or near-bilingual) with a focus on reading/writing
-JLPT N1 or equivalent experience
• Computer proficiency
-Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
-Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, web design, other IT experience a plus
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficient proofing skills and excellent attention to detail
• Interest in and familiarity with video games and the process of releasing a game from scratch
• Experience in English creative writing a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
***If you qualify for this position, we will ask you to take editing/translation tests so we can assess your Japanese language and writing skills.