Wushu Studios are looking for a talented Level Designer to bring their experience and creativity to our talented cohort of game developers.
You have a background in level design, working on both the ideation and construction of game worlds of at least one published title. You have a grasp of what it takes to make a good level, and an understanding of the theory that underpins the players' journey through your worlds.
This is a highly collaborative role operating alongside a mixed team of coders, artists and game designers. You have the technical and communication skills to communicate your ideas with peers and the wider team.
- Previous professional experience in level design.
- Experience in crafting gameplay experiences from concept to completion.
- Experience with 3d modelling packages for white boxing.
- A working knowledge of game engines (UE 4 or similar)
- Strong communication skills.
- At least one published title.
- Experience in scripted events.
- Experience with agile processes and project tracking software.
- Experience with rapid prototyping.
Perks & Benefits
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.