We create games to make the world a better place.
Position: Senior Game Programmer (C# and Unity)
Visionaries studio is looking for a C# and Unity Game Programmer to lead the development of their first business simulation title on PC, Business Heroes: Food truck simulator. You will be vital in ensuring the development team is building the best quality product for our players. Your goal is to make the code quality worthy of an exhibition. In other words, a masterpiece in programming.
- Team size: 12 members
- Location: Remote
- Scope: Full-time and permanent
- Reports to: Lead game designer
- Vacation: 30 days
- Hours: Flexible, required office hours (GMT 12:00 – 15:00)
- Salary: Negotiable (Salary only or Company Shares and Salary)
Visionaries studio was founded in January 2020. We specialize in designing and publishing business simulation games, and our team members are from the US, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are all working towards the same mission. To create business simulation games that will entertain and inspire generations of players to start successful real-life businesses.
Our vision is to empower, entertain, and educate the world by creating the largest virtual economy.
About the Role:
As the Senior Game Programmer, you will be working with a small team of developers to complete the development of Business Heroes: Food truck simulation. You will be reviewing the project to ensure code clarity, maintainability, documentation, extendibility, and efficiency. We expect you to have a high level of ownership over the outcome of this project, and you must plan and manage your work efficiently. As a Senior Game Programmer, we expect you to solve problems and provide guidance using your expert-level knowledge and help raise the quality of the game. Our company culture revolves around being passionate, obsessed over quality, trying new ideas, honest and responsive. If you think those words describe you - you should drop us a line!
As a Senior Game Programmer, you will:
- Build and maintain Business Heroes™ series to ensure flawless gameplay experience.
- Review and guide the implementation of gameplay systems, graphics, user interface and AI. Additionally, assisting in developing some networking features and optimization is required.
- Offer specialist insight and guide others in the areas above.
- Solve challenging problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to optimizing features to be both performant but scriptable.
- Collaborate daily with, and estimate tasks for other programmers.
- Continue to level-up as a programmer by sharing knowledge with regular blog post about the development of Business Heroes™.
- Raise the level of new programmers within the studio, for example, by mentoring other programmers and/or supporting recruitment.
- Believe in the goal of Visionaries: Creating video games to make the world a better place.
- Passionate about video games
- A good understanding of strategy, tycoon and management games
- Meticulous and obsessed about writing clean code
- Demonstrated a high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of moral principles
- Excellent knowledge of C# and Unity
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with C# and Unity
- Good debugging skills
- A sense of independence and an ability to handle long-term projects
- Ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable communicating in English, both written and spoken
What it’s like working for Visionaries:
Working remotely is a challenge and requires extra effort from team members to build a strong company culture. We do regular video conference calls to catch up on work and have friendly discussions; it’s not always about work. We believe in “focus time” or “Flow”, a set number of hours per day during which team members can be super productive. Flow time differs for everyone; that is why we have flexible hours. Additionally, work is part of life, and we believe that parents should be able to pick up their kids from school, attend to the need of their loved ones, and at the same time enjoy a fulfilling career. We have a weekly online gaming session during the weekend. When travel is back to normal, we plan to have a one-week yearly retreat.
As we build a culture remotely, honesty is one of our most vital value. We trust that everyone in the team is working towards the same goal and holding each other accountable to our company values.
At Visionaries, we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We encourage everyone to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
*If you make a generic application, please do not expect a reply.