What if games were more collaborative, and what if the AI was so smart and engaging it made them magical? At Timewarp, our mission is to create new and engaging cooperative games that include a heavy dose of clever AI. From these games, we're also working to create tools that make such experiences easier to create. We hope these tools could be used to improve games, work environments, and remote collaboration.
Right now, we're working on our first commercial title code-named “Mafia Pigs”. It is a 2D multiplayer coop game in which you and your friends navigate through a bizarre world to upend the balance of power in the Pig Mafia.
The company is a newly founded indie studio and has its primary working locations in Barcelona, Spain, and Prague in Czechia.
We'd love to have you come on this journey with us!
As a Senior Unity Developer, you will design and implement significant parts of the Mafia Pigs game. You'll also bring your knowledge of best practices and outstanding solutions to the team.
Key parts of the role include:
- Implementation of crucial architecture and features of the game,
- Having a real influence on the shape of the game by taking part in the decision-making process
- Playtesting our creation until the characters scream,
- Working closely with the other team members on creative solutions to problems that arise,
- Sharing your arcane Unity knowledge,
- Involvement in cooperation and AI platform development efforts.
In terms of skills, our ideal candidate would:
- Have experience in all the main areas of game development in Unity,
- Have both broad and deep knowledge of Unity, URP, shaders, and related game-making skills,
- Have worked on a 2D game from start to finish,
- Have some experience working on a networked game,
- Like playing games with other people,
- Understand problem-solving and weighing pros and cons,
- Be able to do code reviews to share knowledge,
- Be comfortable with a Git-based workflow,
- Be comfortable working productively with English as the company working language,
- Be awesome to work with (see below!).
Everyone is different and has a different life experience. If you're excited by the role but aren't sure if you fit all of the above, then get in touch: we're more interested in your strengths than minor skill or experience gaps!
Why Timewarp and you?
Timewarp is a young company, but we have big plans! Our focus is on collaborative game experiences with a high degree of cooperation between players and AI systems. We think some truly unique, fresh game experiences can be created this way. Our first game, "Mafia Pigs", takes on this challenge, and we're working hard to make it truly unique.
Our mission goes beyond a single game, however. In the long run, we aim to keep producing more great games and extract capabilities from these games to make it easier for others to create even better experiences. Through this, we'll be serving other game creators and hopefully many more players and working individuals.
Our company culture is very open and highly collaborative. We aim to listen well, capture ideas and innovate. Everyone on the team is empowered to work the way they wish and make progress autonomously without the need for constant sign-offs from others. We're highly supportive of remote work and believe that there is a huge value in spending some of the time working together in person.
Apart from your core competence, we're hoping you will be:
- An empathetic listener,
- Caring and kind in your feedback to others,
- In love with learning,
- Motivated to deliver great things for the players of the game,
- Confident enough to voice your opinions even if you are unsure of them,
- Autonomous enough to make decisions even if not all the data is available,
- But not so opinionated you won't listen to others.
Lastly, you will be working directly with the founders of the company, and have you'll also have a strong voice in how the company evolves and what it will take to make it great.
Filling this role in the right way is a priority for the whole team, and we also want you to be sure you're making the right decision. As such, the hiring process will include the opportunity to meet the whole team, a small code assignment (no more than 2hrs work), and an exploration/discussion session on a topic of your choice. There will be opportunities to ask us questions as well.
If you're interested, please read these points with care. Applications:
- Should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email,
- Should include: a brief CV or LinkedIn profile, links to relevant online resources (Github, Games developed, your own sites, or whatever you have),
- Indicate clearly if you are already in Barcelona or Prague, or willing to relocate or seeking a fully remote position (in which case please indicate where you are located),
- Include brief summary of your interest and be specific about your relevant experience for the position (referencing the skills in the skills section above).